PDA

View Full Version : The Fish Den, NYC

MaiaDee
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Just say no! I have nothing good to say about this seller. I found him on Aquabid (petpeve is the name he sells under), ordered 6 discus through his web site. These are my issues with him:

1) Delayed shipping, claims it was too hot. According the weatherunderground, the day he actually managed to ship was hotter than the days he refused. Not sure what was up with that.

2) The fish were shipped double bagged, tied off with a knot, like what Petsmart does. 2 of the bags leaked, with one of the fish not even being completely covered with water. Thank god we were able to save him as this guy will only replace DOA "on your next order". As if there would BE a "next order". And he wasn't technically DOA, just halfway there. Poor little dude laid on the floor of the tank for almost 2 days before he recovered.

3) The 2 Cobalt strains I ordered are both very stunted. Even with these being my first discus, I could immediately see the stunting. Discus are not supposed to be "football" shaped with large eyes. I actually think they look like a playing card spade and named them Ace and Duse. I'm hoping I'll be able to grow them out to at least a halfway decent shape.

4) Both Pigeonbloods I ordered are peppered. I hear some people like peppered, but it is considered a defect and I'm not one of the people that likes that coloration.

His prices seem very reasonable, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely only buy from the sponsors here at SD. This newbie has learned her lesson!