PDA

View Full Version : Overdue pics of new pairs

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
All,
Hope everyone is well. I have finally moved some new pairs to their tanks and are starting to work them for spawns. Thanks for patience of those who have PM'ed me to show pics....I have been swamped and I am a horrible picture taker:)
I have the worse angles and reflections !!! (Well that is what Matt is for..to take thoise great pics!!!!)

First a few thank you's:

- Al...I appreciate all your long hours (and headaches) to make this site possible...

- I would like to thank Matt for helping me get a pair of Pinow RT's. Thanks for parting with a few of your awesome fish.

- A huge thanks goes out to Kenny and Forrest for all their help and support over the years. I cannot recommend Kenny enough and appreciate his friendship and patience...I am VERY picky on shapes and he and Forrest never disapoint...their quality speaks for itself.

Ok ...here are a few new pairs....

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Albino Cobalts...
Pair 1....just moved into their own tank after 3 spawns in the grow out. They have red in the fins and body is metallic white. A nice strain to work with...guarding eggs tonight...

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Straight lined Red Turquoise
Pair 1 - first spawn and git a few fry on their backs...good first try...cleaning cone tonight.
pics do not due them justice.

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Ring Leopard
pair 1 - just moved to new tank after 2 spawns in growout. Horrible pics od some really nice fish...male has some great markings on his body....should have a new set of eggs in a few days

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Piwow Red Turquoise
Pics dont do the justice. Have started to get on cycle after a few months of TLC. 2 spawns in 3 weeks with wigglers in the last batch...spawning tonight ...

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Super Checkerboard pigeons
Will have several pairs of these available soon.....

Carolina discus
08-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Many more pics to come as I have time...also working with Albino Red Covers, Penang Eruptions, Leopard Eruptions, Albino Checkerboards, Golden Lollys, Standing egg tiger turquoise, brilliants, Blue SS, Red Melons, Flamings, and MR's.....

peace out....

Kenny's Discus
08-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Eric,

Beautiful pairs you got there my friend...you gonna have frys coming out of your ears lol...they look great and all the best in your sales of them. Knowing your great skill and standard, I look forward to seeing beautiful frys from them and also many more beautiful pairs coming...all the best and don't work too hard!

Kenny

CrazyAngels
08-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Eric, those are drop dead gorgeous, wish you nothing but the best on your continued success.

God Bless you

qiyanfeng
08-17-2012, 12:32 PM
This is not for sale, this is your breeder right? I am confused. :D

Kal-El
08-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Eric, when you have Juvies that are 3" would love to get some Straight lined Red Turquoise. Amazing collection you have.

DavidH
08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey Eric, knock-outs they all look great.
Davd & Kel

flexo248
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
where is the BSS i would love to get some and the alb cobalt is awesome looking!! good job... please keep us inform when is available for sale :)

Oscarsx
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I want some pairs!!! :(

- Oz

Discus Origins
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Looking good, nice pairs :)

dpete9
08-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Beautiful pairs. I'm a bit partial towards the ring leopards but they're all beauties! and I can't wait to see pics of the albino red covers.

kpotter2
08-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Eric I have never been so happy as to here you are back at business. Although I have taken a break from discus I always loved talking with you and learning from you. bought many schools from you and formed some great looking pairs. I will direct everyone I know to you as I have in the past while you still where selling. I sent them Kenny's way while you where away, because he to is a great Discus person to talk to and learn from. I know you bought a lot form him too. You both helped me many time and its been some time, but I will never forget.

congrats on being back in business. Hope family is well and business booms in both markets.

Sincerely,

Kyle Potter
Iowa, USA

Mariowa
08-27-2012, 12:35 AM
beautiful pairs

Darren's Discus
08-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Eric,
some very beautiful breeding stock,all the best with them.

cheers

Carolina discus
08-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words....
Right now these are my breeding stock I am starting to work with ...some of the pairs I will release as I get multiple pairs of each strain as I only have so much tank space to work with...
The albino cobalts had about 20 fry on their backs but I lost them...getting closer each spawn...
have nice batches of wigglers with the SCBP's and the straight lines Red Turquoise from Forrest on the cones today that should be on the parents backs today or tomorrow....
new pairs forming from the Penang Eruptions and Eruption leopards that I need to start working with....

I will post more pics as things progress....
Thanks again

eric

Disgirl
08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Looking great Eric! Glad to see that those beautiful pairs like my cones and are using them! Good luck with your newly started back up hatchery.
Barb

discus hung
08-31-2012, 04:41 PM
this pair is for sale ? let me know .thanks