PDA

View Full Version : Placed an offer

Orange Crush
08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
This morning my husband and I placed an offer on a beautiful house. All wood floors, multiple skylights, patio, fireplace, hot tub, two big yards (one on the side and one in back). Now we have to wait and see if they take our offer or if we will get outbid.
Please think positive thoughts for us. The discus will be very happy there.;)

BobDaniel
08-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Good luck!

mmorris
08-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Ah, stressful times; I remember them well. Remember, it's a buyer's market. Does the house have a basement for a fish room? I couldn't wait to have a look at the basement when the agent and owner were showing me around.

Keith Perkins
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Ah, stressful times; I remember them well. Remember, it's a buyer's market. Does the house have a basement for a fish room? I couldn't wait to have a look at the basement when the agent and owner were showing me around.

Or better yet, a basement with a fishroom. Good luck...and hope you close before another pair forms.

Second Hand Pat
08-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Hope to hear back that your offer was accepted.

Lt shinysides
08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
All the best with the buy everything crossed!!

Orange Crush
08-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Remember, it's a buyer's market. Does the house have a basement for a fish room?
It is a buyers market however the problem is at our price range for buying a home is that most are bought by investers since they know that prices are very likely to continue going up in value and they pay 100% in cash up front. (Bullpucky if you ask me). Which means that the investers get the homes unless you outbid them, or make an offer really quickly after the home goes on the market and it is accepted before an invester can make one, or as is the case with this house it is sold as a Fannie Mae Homepath home (meaning only people wanting to live in the house are allowed to buy - not investers; although they sometimes find ways to work around that "uncle Bob is going to live it" Riiiiight).

Who needs a basement, the entire house is a fishroom (except the bathrooms and the "mancave").

Or better yet, a basement with a fishroom. Good luck...and hope you close before another pair forms.
I only have 2 other discus left. I did not even think I was going to get 1 let alone 2 pairs. There is no way that out of 6 discus I end up with 3 pairs. lol

Second Hand Pat
08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Never say never

Poco
08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Just be positive. if that house is meant for you, you will get it. GL

MKD
08-11-2012, 03:02 PM
You got my best wishes. Who cares about those investors. As long as you and love ones (assume you re married) love the house, that is what it matters. My wife and I looked and looked for over a year, we both did not like any of them, either she or i like it. Finally we felt in love with the house that we live right now. Even though it is older than others that we looked at. We lost a bid to the investor who paid it in cash, we turned around bought it from his hand. If it is yours, it is yours.

Altum Nut
08-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I have put a spell on all potential bidders...so you will get the house.
No need to wish you good luck because it's yours.
If all does not work out, I have to repair my wand.

...Ralph

Orange Crush
08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
....assume you re married.....We lost a bid to the investor who paid it in cash, we turned around bought it from his hand. If it is yours, it is yours.
Not re married, I'm still on husband #1 :)
Glad you both got the home!

I have put a spell on all potential bidders...so you will get the house.
No need to wish you good luck because it's yours.
If all does not work out, I have to repair my wand.

...Ralph
You are the best Ralph!
P.S. If it does not work out you might have more to repair than the wand. lol Hugs and Kisses.

Disgirl
08-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Good luck Holly, if it is meant to be you will get it. Hope it is meant to be...
Barb

shoveltrash
08-11-2012, 05:04 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D

Coffee1stLife2nd
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
fingers xx`ed ...

YSS
08-13-2012, 09:26 PM
The home sounds great. Hope you get the house. Where is the house located by the way?

As for those investors, I have choice words for them. Those are the ones that make life harder for the ones who just want to make decent living. Greed is root of all evil and there are too many out there who are just too greedy.

Orange Crush
08-14-2012, 12:51 AM
The home sounds great. Hope you get the house. Where is the house located by the way?

As for those investors, I have choice words for them. Those are the ones that make life harder for the ones who just want to make decent living. Greed is root of all evil and there are too many out there who are just too greedy.

+1
Edmonds, WA

DiscusDrew
08-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Uh Ohhh she's getting closer.... I keep having this nightmare where I wake up and to the sound of the fish room door open and as I walk over low and behold there's you salivating with a giant net in my breeder tanks scooping out breeding pairs into bags.... ;)

Trier20
08-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Good luck! I remember doing all of that. I honestly kind of miss it. Call me crazy. Hope it works out for you!!!!!!

Orange Crush
08-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Uh Ohhh she's getting closer.... I keep having this nightmare where I wake up and to the sound of the fish room door open and as I walk over low and behold there's you salivating with a giant net in my breeder tanks scooping out breeding pairs into bags.... ;)
1st of all, we would be moving a little north (to another neighborhood that is on the Puget Sound, I gotta have the water near me) not east so, we will still be a 5 hour drive away.
2nd, there is something wrong with you if you are having nightmares about me. lol :p
Besides, at this point I am much more likely to try and give you some of the fry I have rather than get more fish that I do not have room for.

DiscusDrew
08-14-2012, 03:49 AM
Ahhhh you say that but you know it always changes when you see pretty fish :) you do know I was just kidding right? I know you are very sweet person.

Orange Crush
08-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Ahhhh you say that but you know it always changes when you see pretty fish :) you do know I was just kidding right? I know you are very sweet person.
True, but at some point you run out of room and/or time for more and with the discus fry (and the 10 Galaxy Rasbora I just bought from PC1), I am at that point. At least until we get a new place. Hopefully this place in Edmonds. :D
I know you were kiding but if you dish it out then you have to take it. ;)

Orange Crush
08-14-2012, 02:44 PM
So, there were multiple offers on that house (not that it surprises me) but it has only been on the market since the 8th of this month (6 days). The house is that nice.
Anyways, we made another offer today for more money in the hopes that we will be outbidding everyone else. Wish us luck!

Second Hand Pat
08-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Crossing body parts for you OC and best of luck.

laupao
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM
good luck !!

Orange Crush
08-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Still waiting......

-We placed an offer last Saturday.
-Monday, the seller (bank) said there were multiple offers so everyone should put in their highest offer. So we did (preapproved FHA loan)
-The seller emailed our agent Friday and said they were only taking Fannie Mae Homepath (FMHP) offers so our Home Loan agent redid our preapproval to be a FMHP offer.

It sounds promising to me though. I mean why would they ask us to switch our offer to be FMHP if there was a better FMHP offer out there already? Hoping.....:)

MKD
08-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Sound very good because they see your motivation. Its a long process and lot of paperworks buying it they will look at your income and your job, the longer, stable job the better. They want to make sure this property won't fall into this situation again. Just checking your agent for status but be careful they might take advantage to charge you more cause they know you want this house. Good luck!!!

Orange Crush
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Pending inspection. :)

Second Hand Pat
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
So offer accepted :) Congrats.

Poco
08-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Congrats OC!!

Trier20
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Alright making progress! Congrats! I'd I we're closer I'd help y'all move.

Keith Perkins
08-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Cool, I hope there's no major surprises.

Orange Crush
08-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Alright making progress! Congrats! I'd I we're closer I'd help y'all move.
Thanks Brandon!

Cool, I hope there's no major surprises.
Me too!

Orange Crush
08-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Uh Ohhh she's getting closer....

If I were closer I'd help y'all move.
Hmmmm, maybe Drew would help since I will be living so much closer to him (if all goes well with the inspection and the lots and lots and lots of paperwork etc.). :D
Thanks for the idea Brandon. lol

shoveltrash
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
fingers crossed & recrossed that the home inspection goes well!
congrats :D

Keith Perkins
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM
So when's the inspection?

DiscusOnly
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Congratulations and hope there isn't major issues with the inspection. You may know this already but Homepath homes are usually AS IS so they may not budge even if the inspection report isn't good. Fannie Mae tries to do the least they can with these assets. This is one of the main reason why they wanted you to go throught their financing (their own appraisal instead of your own lender).

Van

Orange Crush
08-22-2012, 02:57 PM
So when's the inspection?
Tomorrow

Congratulations and hope there isn't major issues with the inspection. You may know this already but Homepath homes are usually AS IS so they may not budge even if the inspection report isn't good. Fannie Mae tries to do the least they can with these assets. This is one of the main reason why they wanted you to go throught their financing (their own appraisal instead of your own lender).

Van
Yup, it is AS IS but we have the right to back out if it is a big expense to fix and still get our earnest money back as well. However, to the untrained eye it looks like the home was very well cared for so, we are hoping it is nothing major that might need fixing. There is nothing that we saw that needed to be fixed or done cosmetically other than getting some curtins. It does not even need to be painted. Fingers crossed.

Orange Crush
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Livingroom
Kitchen
Guest Bath
Master Bedroom
Master Bath

Second Hand Pat
08-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Love it OC, nice, clean rooms and look to be decent sized. Love the wood floors.

MKD
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Very nice. I can be your guess forever :-)

Poco
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
OC is the guest room going to be the fishroom? It has a bath so it will make water changes much easier :D

Orange Crush
08-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Love the wood floors.
Me too. The house is entirely wood floors except the masterbath.

Very nice. I can be your guess forever :-)
As long as you pay the mortgage. ;)

OC is the guest room going to be the fishroom? It has a bath so it will make water changes much easier :D
The entire house is the fishroom (except the "mancave", bathrooms and the garage). There are actually 2 bathtubs in the house but I plan on aging the water in the garage.

MKD
08-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Full house of discus. Cool!!! I can do 2x maybe 4x wc per day to pay guess room.

shoveltrash
08-24-2012, 04:28 AM
VERY nice! it looks like an open-floorplan living space? I too love the hardwood floors.
cheers :D
(and hey, I too believe in the whole-house fishroom - what better way to enjoy your fish?)

Orange Crush
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I forgot to post the important stuff last night....the tap water from the house we are buying. lol
TDS 21
pH 7.4
ammonia 0
nitrAtes 0
The home inspecter must have thought I was crazy. :D

Keith Perkins
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
LOL, that is a good one. Just remember, just because you keep discus and want to know your water perimeters doesn't mean you aren't crazy. :)

Poco
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
LOL, that is a good one. Just remember, just because you keep discus and want to know your water perimeters doesn't mean you aren't crazy. :)

Lol. That means all of us are crazy!

Trier20
08-25-2012, 03:10 AM
I forgot to post the important stuff last night....the tap water from the house we are buying. lol
TDS 21
pH 7.4
ammonia 0
nitrAtes 0

Man that is pretty cool! The house looks amazing! I'm sure it will be even better with a bunch of tanks in it :)

shoveltrash
08-25-2012, 07:19 AM
TDS 21
pH 7.4
ammonia 0
nitrAtes 0
omg, do you know how jealous I am of those water parameters......BUY IT!

Disgirl
08-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Very nice Holly, you and your husband and your fish will be happy there for sure! Gee you are lucky with that good water, not so here with us. I have never lived with good discus water. Only good African Cichlid water.
Barb

Orange Crush
08-26-2012, 05:10 AM
:D
omg, do you know how jealous I am of those water parameters......BUY IT!
We are :)

Very nice Holly, you and your husband and your fish will be happy there for sure!
Barb
That is the plan.

Man that is pretty cool! The house looks amazing! I'm sure it will be even better with a bunch of tanks in it :)
Indeed.

Bud Smith
08-26-2012, 05:23 AM
Congradulations - It looks very nice - I also like the wood floors
One thing -"the entire house is the fish room" - is there room to build on

Orange Crush
08-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Congradulations - It looks very nice - I also like the wood floors
One thing -"the entire house is the fish room" - is there room to build on
Thanks!
Yes, there is room to add on. The lot is almost 1/4 acres. I will have room for a vegetable/herb garden and we plan to add on another big room in the future on the side of the house.

Bud Smith
08-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks!
Yes, there is room to add on. The lot is almost 1/4 acres. I will have room for a vegetable/herb garden and we plan to add on another big room in the future on the side of the house.

another room - fish room? I had my tanks scattered between two rooms and I just moved everything into one room - sure makes things easier

Orange Crush
08-26-2012, 02:39 PM
another room - fish room? I had my tanks scattered between two rooms and I just moved everything into one room - sure makes things easier
I'd rather have tanks to look at everywhere rather than just in one room. Unless the tanks are on a centralized water system I dont think having them in one room is any different than spread out as far as maintenance goes. Why would I want to limit myself to having to be in one room to see my fish? Seems silly to me.

Orange Crush
08-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Soooo much paperwork. I got emails from the escrow company, our realitor, our home loan officer with forms to fill out and sign. Also, had to get a home owners insurance policy today even though we do not close until the end of September. UGH, I am not enjoying this part of buying a house. :(

YSS
08-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Congrats!

Teshi
08-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Congrats OC! At least the paperwork is usually only a one time thing enjoy the journey!

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 02:08 PM
I'd rather have tanks to look at everywhere rather than just in one room. Unless the tanks are on a centralized water system I dont think having them in one room is any different than spread out as far as maintenance goes. Why would I want to limit myself to having to be in one room to see my fish? Seems silly to me.

Little girl, you're going to think that until the first one springs a leak when you're not home I fear. I'd build a fish room and maybe have one display tank. Oh, and if not a tank leak maybe a hose coming off a Magnum 350 or something, right Bill?

Trier20
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Little girl, you're going to think that until the first one springs a leak when you're not home I fear. I'd build a fish room and maybe have one display tank. Oh, and if not a tank leak maybe a hose coming off a Magnum 350 or something, right Bill?

Lol or a fitting breaks on a uv filter. 100g through the floor!

Orange Crush
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Little girl? Hahaha, I am in my 40's but thanks. I am sure that one day I will have a problem but I have had fish tanks for almost 30 years with no leaks yet.

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Little girl? Hahaha, I am in my 40's but thanks. I am sure that one day I will have a problem but I have had fish tanks for almost 30 years with no leaks yet.

Man you just cursed yourself. My wife would say that's little girl to me, lol.

Orange Crush
08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
My wife would say that's little girl to me, lol.
My husband calls me old because he is in his late 30's but I look a lot younger than him. Most people think I am about 25 so, I cannot complain! :)

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Well there you go kiddo. :)

Orange Crush
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Another shot of the livingroom
Not sure why they did the colors like this....that tree is not pinkish/purple, it is that dark red wine color and the house is more beige than mustard.
Yes, it has a white picket fence, lol :D

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I put one in. :D Needed to define my backyard somehow, white vinyl on sale sounded good to me. Don't want to do fence maintenance, I've got tanks to clean.

http://binged.it/RW6Ntp

Bill63SG
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Little girl, you're going to think that until the first one springs a leak when you're not home I fear. I'd build a fish room and maybe have one display tank. Oh, and if not a tank leak maybe a hose coming off a Magnum 350 or something, right Bill?At least 15gals on the pergo.Good thing we were home.

Orange Crush
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
So my real estate agent called to tell me that a couple of our soon to be neighbors contacted him because they want us to take some of our trees out since they are having to rake up the leaves on their property every year. He said to expect them to approach us once we move in.
That's right, we have not even moved in yet, we are still working on closing paperwork and the expected closing date is towards the end of September - about a month away and they are already making demands.
I am going to answer the door in my full on roller derby gear, mouth guard, helmet, wrist, knee, and elbow pads, some of my tattoos showing and see if they still have the guts to ask me to take out my trees. If they do I will then inform them that they can trim the branches that hang over on their property.
I am not taking out my trees because I want to see the trees not their houses. I can be very diplomatic but I am also not someone who can be pushed around (unless it is by another woman on the track who is bigger and stronger than me - that is how I fractured my tailbone). Ouch.

strawberryblonde
08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
So my real estate agent called to tell me that a couple of our soon to be neighbors contacted him because they want us to take some of our trees out since they are having to rake up the leaves on their property every year. He said to expect them to approach us once we move in.
That's right, we have not even moved in yet, we are still working on closing paperwork and the expected closing date is towards the end of September - about a month away and they are already making demands.
I am going to answer the door in my full on roller derby gear, mouth guard, helmet, wrist, knee, and elbow pads, some of my tattoos showing and see if they still have the guts to ask me to take out my trees. If they do I will then inform them that they can trim the branches that hang over on their property.
I am not taking out my trees because I want to see the trees not their houses. I can be very diplomatic but I am also not someone who can be pushed around (unless it is by another woman on the track who is bigger and stronger than me - that is how I fractured my tailbone). Ouch.

You go girl! LOL

Tim and I bought our house here in Idaho 3 years ago. It was a foreclosure and was horribly run down on the outside (overgrown trees and shrubs, dead brown stuff that passed for grass everywhere else).
First week in the house, with me unpacking, arranging contractors for interior work, painters for the outside and some guys to repair the sprinkler system and don't you know it, two of my retired Air Force neighbors stopped by with a plate of brownies to welcome me....AND....to let me know how to trim the branches off my trees, which parts of the sidewalk to repair immediately and to let me know that they'd be happy to show my husband how to keep up with the landscaping so that it "fit the general beauty" of our neighborhood!

When I managed to close pick my chin up off my chest and close my mouth again, I smiled very sweetly at them and said "Why thank you gentlemen, I'll give you a call when I need you to come over to trim those trees just the way you like them best." They hemmed and hawed, but I think the fact that I'm six feet tall and can be fairly intimidating (my kids say that I breathe fire out my eyes) did the trick. They wandered away and have never come visiting again.

Well, they don't visit ME anyways. They come on over and accost my husband while he's out mowing. They ply him with a "friendly" beer and then proceed to let him know what it is that they think he needs to fix up. I just smile at him when he comes roaring into the house smelling of warm beer and looking like he'd like to strangle someone. =)

Orange Crush
08-29-2012, 06:08 PM
You go girl! LOL

Tim and I bought our house here in Idaho 3 years ago. It was a foreclosure and was horribly run down on the outside (overgrown trees and shrubs, dead brown stuff that passed for grass everywhere else).
First week in the house, with me unpacking, arranging contractors for interior work, painters for the outside and some guys to repair the sprinkler system and don't you know it, two of my retired Air Force neighbors stopped by with a plate of brownies to welcome me....AND....to let me know how to trim the branches off my trees, which parts of the sidewalk to repair immediately and to let me know that they'd be happy to show my husband how to keep up with the landscaping so that it "fit the general beauty" of our neighborhood!

When I managed to close pick my chin up off my chest and close my mouth again, I smiled very sweetly at them and said "Why thank you gentlemen, I'll give you a call when I need you to come over to trim those trees just the way you like them best." They hemmed and hawed, but I think the fact that I'm six feet tall and can be fairly intimidating (my kids say that I breathe fire out my eyes) did the trick. They wandered away and have never come visiting again.

Well, they don't visit ME anyways. They come on over and accost my husband while he's out mowing. They ply him with a "friendly" beer and then proceed to let him know what it is that they think he needs to fix up. I just smile at him when he comes roaring into the house smelling of warm beer and looking like he'd like to strangle someone. =)
Hilarious Toni. Hopefully my husband can stand up to any pressure from the neighbors. If not, I can take care of it. :D

shoveltrash
08-30-2012, 11:08 AM
oh the beauty of living WAY out in the country, on acreage, with no nosy PIA neighbors :D.

OC I didn't know you were a roller derby gal! WAY cool.

Orange Crush
08-30-2012, 04:43 PM
oh the beauty of living WAY out in the country, on acreage, with no nosy PIA neighbors :D.

OC I didn't know you were a roller derby gal! WAY cool.
Actually, the house is in an area with a population density of 3,835.62/sq. mile which is far from living way out in the country.
I was a derby girl but my knees can no longer take it (I quit this past year). In derby you have to get up very quickly when you are knocked down/fall down but I cannot anymore. I blew out my knee snowboarding. I tore a ligament and dislocated the patella but kept on snowboarding that day. I figured that if it did not hurt so much that I wanted to keep riding it must not have been that serious of an injury. Right? Ha, I was in a brace for months. I apparently underestimated my tolerence for pain. I suppose I have to act my age eventually. Maybe I should take up Bingo. lol

shoveltrash
08-31-2012, 05:12 AM
actually I was referring to my situation LOL
the house is in an area with a population density of 3,835.62/sq. mile which is far from living way out in the country.we only have one neighbor within shouting distance, they are on 15 acres & we're on 6 :).
Bingo? oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Orange Crush
09-16-2012, 12:33 AM
About 10 days until closing. I am very excited but very stressed. School starts on the 24th, closing is the 26th. I am taking 5 classes this quarter, classes are 7 days a week for a total of 25 hours a week in class. when the heck am I going to have time to clean and fix up the house and move???? *pulling out my hair*
On the plus side, I am buying a new tank "to make it easier to move the fish" ;)

Disgirl
09-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Good luck with it all Holly! I bet things will go easier than you think. The tree trimming, removing issue for you reminded me of neighbors we used to have. The neighborhood had beautiful big trees on each lot. One couple moved in and they didn't want to have any leaves to rake up in the Fall. So they cut down every tree. Can you believe it? And my brother lived in a neighborhood of trees, a group of people moved into the house next door, they were possibly doing some illeagal stuff, didn't want anyone sneaking up on them to observe so they cut down all the trees. Don't cut yours!
Barb

Second Hand Pat
09-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Holly, focus on one box at a time. You need a working kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a place to relax. Oh yea, and a operational fish tank :D

The rest can be done a little later. It will all happen. Family in the area can help with the move or some friends with a truck. Have a moving company move the larger stuff. Either way it is very exciting to move into a new house especially if it is your first.

Eddie
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
On the plus side, I am buying a new tank "to make it easier to move the fish" ;)

Sounds like an excellent game plan! :)

Orange Crush
09-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Good luck with it all Holly! I bet things will go easier than you think. The tree trimming, removing issue for you reminded me of neighbors we used to have. Don't cut yours!
Barb
I will "allow" them to trim the trees branches that are hanging over onto their properties.
My parents live in a community where people wanted to cut down a lot of trees to increase their views of the water so, they had a meeting and my mom said "but the trees are the view!". She said that the thought had not occured to them. After all, it's not like they couldn't see the water. Smart woman my mother is.

Holly, focus on one box at a time. You need a working kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a place to relax. Oh yea, and a operational fish tank :D
So, everything? lol
I will be donating about 1/2 of my stuff. Over the years I have bought too many things I wanted but did not need. It's time to remedy that.

Family in the area can help with the move or some friends with a truck. Have a moving company move the larger stuff. Either way it is very exciting to move into a new house especially if it is your first.
Fortunatly I married into an Italian Catholic family (i.e. LARGE family) and Mark's dad is loaning us his truck.
Yes, it is super exciting!

Sounds like an excellent game plan! :)
Yes, the best part is Mark believes the extra tank is to make the move easier, I'm not sure he has realized yet that it means I will have 8 tanks set up instead of 7. :)

Orange Crush
09-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Going in this afternoon to sign the closing documents! :D

Poco
09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats again.

Orange Crush
09-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats again.
Thanks!

Keith Perkins
09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
So what's happening today?

Second Hand Pat
09-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Moving the fish tank first of course :D

Poco
09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Moving the fish tank first of course :D

+1

I think she bought a new tank for the move.

BobDaniel
09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Enjoy your new home!

Keith Perkins
09-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Ah yes, tank #8 to make the move easier. ;) That Mark must be one whipped puppy, lol.

Orange Crush
09-23-2012, 01:07 AM
So what's happening today?
Today we measured places in the house for appliances, curtins, etc. Then we went and bought a refridgerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, curtins, etc.....

Ah yes, tank #8 to make the move easier. ;) That Mark must be one whipped puppy, lol.
Shhhh! He might hear you.

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Shhhh! He might hear you.

LOL, not my problem.

Orange Crush
09-23-2012, 01:12 AM
LOL, not my problem.
Really? I know where you live since you posted the bing map picture of your house. lol

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 01:29 AM
The fishcave is well fortified, one advantage of being in the basement.

Orange Crush
09-23-2012, 01:35 AM
The fishcave is well fortified, one advantage of being in the basement.
lol

Orange Crush
09-28-2012, 01:58 AM
I am having a rough week. Okay, that is an understatement. Here it goes: School started Monday and I am taking 5 classes and I have at least one class everyday, 7 days a week; my parents came to stay at the condo with us to bring some stuff for the house but they are too old to help out with the house and my father has Alzheimer's so it is painful for me to see him like that; my car broke down and had to be repaired so we have one less vehicle (perfect timing :(); we are busy cleaning and doing some remodeling of the house before we move in and of course packing things to move. I think I am going to go crazy :p AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Teshi
09-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Sorry OC, but it sounds like Murphy's Law hit. Either that or it is getting close to a full moon.

shoveltrash
09-28-2012, 04:52 AM
best I can offer.....
lots of (((HUGS))) - this too shall pass.

(btw, my Mother has Alzheimer's. it is a devastating disease, as you know. you have my sympathies - cherish the time you have with your Father, while he still remembers you.)

Orange Crush
09-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Sorry OC, but it sounds like Murphy's Law hit. Either that or it is getting close to a full moon.

best I can offer.....
lots of (((HUGS))) - this too shall pass.

(btw, my Mother has Alzheimer's. it is a devastating disease, as you know. you have my sympathies - cherish the time you have with your Father, while he still remembers you.)
Thanks ladies. :)

Trier20
10-09-2012, 02:48 AM
My grandmother had it too. I was close to her and killed me everytime I went to see her. She seemed to remember her kids and our sons name. I tried to take him to see her as much as I could as it always seemed to brighten her day. To see her smile when she recognized his face made me smile everytime. Makes me cherish the time we get with our families and loved ones a lot more! Hope things start going easier for ya.