PDA

View Full Version : Filter not working, help please

cubert
08-18-2012, 02:46 PM
i was doing my daily WC today and when i go to plug my filter back in, its just not working. I use an AC70, everything else is working fine but i cant get this thing to turn on, should i go out and at least get a new filter?

TNT77
08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
i was doing my daily WC today and when i go to plug my filter back in, its just not working. I use an AC70, everything else is working fine but i cant get this thing to turn on, should i go out and at least get a new filter?
Try taking the impeller out and cleaning it and where it seats into the motor. Ive had that issue with the acs during water changes and that normally solves the problem every time.

Skip
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
move the intake tube over.. so you can see the impaler..

get a knife or pen.. something very thin..

stick in the impaler and help it to move.

sometimes it sticks.. well.. one of mine does..

cubert
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
that did the trick, thanks so much guys i was really freaking out for a bit

DiscusDrew
08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Its a magnet that drives the impeller, as the AC filters slowly get build up this seems to happen to all of them when they are unplugged. Using something to help it start usually works but then it seems on mine anyway to happen again the next time I unplug it, so I usually pull out the impeller, scrub it and the housing real quick so the mag drive works and its good to go..... For another month lol. Then you have to do it again.... Still I love the AC filters for my larger tanks.

dprais1
08-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Do any of you notice that the AC work too well. MY filter media gets nasty in a week, but I have very little poop and junk to siphon in my barebottom tank daily. I think the ac collect it all, but then it breaksdown in the filter and causes water quality issues. or at least potential water quality issues