PDA

View Full Version : Fish Photography Video

Discus-n00b
08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this is what people were looking for, but here it is. Its 26mins of me talking, so its probably pretty boring LOL. This video went more into my very simple setup (26mins for that??? I know right....), some of my thought process, etc. I didn't touch on settings or anything like that as its hard for me to give you an accurate suggestion since your tanks are all different then mine. If you want me to try, I can always do another video touching on that. Also, if you have anything I missed or forgot to add in let me know and I can make another or share it or whatever.

By the way, its an odd feeling.....I'm used to being on the OTHER side of the camera, first time I've made a video like this. I shot it in HD, if you want to see me in HD. Gave Simplydiscus a shoutout and added a link to description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag0dkFFZVWg

Poco
08-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks Matt very helpful video. It gives novices like me a better chance of taking some pics.

aalbina
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Great information Matt - thanks so much for taking the time to put this together!

Adam

ashtricks
08-21-2012, 04:43 PM
You rock Matt!! awesome.... i put a question in youtube comments.... repeating it.... "do you have a flickr accnt? My questions will directly be answered from the exif data of the photos...."

Discus-n00b
08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks all, wasn't sure if it was to boring and dry, not enough info, etc.

Here is my Flickr Ashish, still adding photos as I go.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/

Chicago Discus
08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I like the video and the haircut ......Josie

Teshi
08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you Matt, I picked up some very good tips! I did watch the entire video!

dpete9
08-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks Matt, great video. I'm at work now, but I can hardly wait to get home and try some of these techniques.

shoveltrash
08-22-2012, 08:15 AM
is there a way to download your vid? my internet isn't reliable, so it's near impossible to watch streaming video that long :(.
you could sell instructional dvds! :D
JK

Rummy
08-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Still watching the video. It is great and very informative. Thanks so much for taking the time to prepare this and for sharing your knowledge. Your fish are cracking me up! They were constantly thinking they were going to get a meal with your movements.

dpete9
08-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Still watching the video. It is great and very informative. Thanks so much for taking the time to prepare this and for sharing your knowledge. Your fish are cracking me up! They were constantly thinking they were going to get a meal with your movements. I know i was kind of feeling sorry for those guys.. every time the hand went up to show the lighting angles etc. there they were waiting.. :-)

Discus-n00b
08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks all, Trish I'm not sure.....I have the video file on my computer but its very large and would take just as long to send/download. As for the fish eating, they are pigs those are the ones that get fed 4-6 times a day as it is!! LOL

ashtricks
08-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey Matt,
Did you take the NADA pics using an external flash illuminating the fish from top?

Discus-n00b
08-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes Ashish, I used the single flash above the tank like in the video at the NADA show.