PDA

View Full Version : What would happen today?

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm on a vacation day recovering from the 1,100 plus mile round trip to Fargo for a funeral yesterday, my wife's aunt. So I'm about to start to doing WCs, flip on the TV, the Apollo 8 mission is on. That's the first manned flight to the moon. Their mission was to successfully orbit the moon. I vaguely remember as a little kid listening to this event. So the crew goes to the dark side of the moon for the very first time. Out of communication. They come out from behind the moon and call out to Mission Control the first 10 verses from the Book of Genesis:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Who do you suppose would be the first to file suit if that happened today? Ah, the good old days.

oldfar
08-28-2012, 05:13 PM
I watched Neil take that 1st step on back porch with my Grandmother late at night on a back white TV.who remembers those.Had to watch on back porch cause Grandpa said devils work not in my house.

Trier20
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Man if anyone quotes the bible these days it seems like the rest of the country is pointing their fingers telling them they are pushing their views onto them and that they are insensitive to the other religions. It's sad.

Bill63SG
08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Staying away from this one Keith,lol.

Keith Perkins
08-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Staying away from this one Keith,lol.

Typical Bears fan.

DiscusDrew
08-28-2012, 11:14 PM
yeah Ill keep my distance as well, I believe it shouldnt offend and this is an obnoxiously politically correct society Ill say that much.

discuspaul
08-29-2012, 12:09 AM
I watched Neil take that 1st step on back porch with my Grandmother late at night on a back white TV.who remembers those.Had to watch on back porch cause Grandpa said devils work not in my house.

Wow, does that bring back memories !
As a very young person, I also watched the black & white TV account of that first moon step (was it Neil Armstrong ?) - along with my father, and my grandmother, who was then approaching 100 years of age. (she passed away at 101).
After a few seconds of watching this memorable event, my grandmother said to my father: "John, why do they televise such utter, unbelievable, sci-fi nonsense" , or something to that effect !
If I remember right, my father didn't really have an answer for that.