PDA

View Full Version : LFS spawning monster!

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 01:41 PM
I walked in to my LFS last week, where I noticed a huge PB, roughly 6+ spawning with what looks like a turq close to 7 inches.

These guys are spawning as we speak, last time i checked they had a few freeswimmers..

They are asking $140 for each, this seem like a good price?

Few pics

- Oz

Lenin
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Too much peppering for my taste

strawberryblonde
08-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Nicely shaped discus, but I agree with Lenin, too much peppering for me.

Lenin
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
And I agree with the shape I like it also, but the peppering is what kills it, the price is not bad either for an LFS

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Yea the peppering is pretty bad.. boooo!

Only if we could rid of all peppering!

- Oz

Skip
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
thats an Allenquer.. not Turq..

seen worse peppering.. but not bad price at LFS>>

oscar.. if you like them.. get them.. but put a tape measure to them.. to make sure they are that size :)

DiscusPunk
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I think he/she is gorgeous! I don't mind a lil pepper. What fish store?

rdiscus
08-30-2012, 03:39 PM
lil peppering, specially when they're spawing

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 03:42 PM
She does look very pretty in person, Its in montclair.. i believe it's called jans tropical something.. lol

Google it, it should come up.

- Oz

Skip
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
She does look very pretty in person, Its in montclair.. i believe it's called jans tropical something.. lol

- Oz

if you like the price and you can see them in your tank.. go for it!!

nobody else has to see them.. only you :)

DiscusPunk
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
If only I had an empty quarantine tank. Lol. You should get them!

rdiscus
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
nobody else has to see them.. only you :)

Hey, we share the picture and video on here :)

Skip
08-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Hey, we share the picture and video on here :)

yes.. but we don't have to pay.... he would.. if he likes.. he should buy.. he should know what is a good fish by now.. LOL!!

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I feel a bit unease getting fish from my LFS , And spending a lot of money on fish I have no information about.. :(

Maybe somebody from our area will pick these up
- Oz

Skip
08-30-2012, 04:06 PM
I feel a bit unease getting fish from my LFS , And spending a lot of money on fish I have no information about.. :(

Maybe somebody from our area will pick these up
- Oz

save the money and get some PE from Mike Beals :)
for same price

DiscusPunk
08-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Well if it's still there in a weeks time I sure will lol....well the PB at least :)

Kal-El
08-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Too much peppering for me but still a nice fish. You can probably pair it up with another PB and have some nice Frys. I'm assuming the mix of those two would produce really pepper frys as the Allenquer is a non PB base.

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
I actually believe these guys are stocking their own discus, they have a bunch of small alenqs and heavily peppered discus in the 2 inch mark.. these two guys might be their money maker...

Of course they are all stunted and half dead, rotting fins etc.. feel bad, both parents seem to be fine along with two other adults in the tank.

- Oz

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
save the money and get some PE from Mike Beals :)
for same price

Thanks man, ill check them out!

- Oz

Lenin
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah, not even a question if you're getting some go to Mike, the best looking fish I have are his

DiscusDrew
08-30-2012, 06:29 PM
That peppering actually doesnt look too bad to me, you have to factor in its about the worst peppering scenario possible. I breed almost exclusively pigeons, and most are very high quality, they pepper even in a straight white tank when they are spawning, so that is to be expected. Not to mention it appears they are keeping the discus in an environment that is not condusive to pigeon blood strain discus, as such I imagine a vast majority of the peppering will be reversible. I wouldnt buy them personally as I only buy fish now from a single source to minimize chances of any contamination; however, that doesnt mean that you shouldnt. A breeding pair if confirmed for 280 bucks is cheap, I pay more than that for ONE of two fish in my pairs lol. Of course keep in mind their fry really will not be worth a darn thing except for your enjoyment.... they will all be pigeons and will be extremely peppered from breeding back in the stress bars.

And Skip is correct, that appears to be a brown base fish.

Inland Empire Discus
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM

- Oz

Call me before buying anything from there?

Oscarsx
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Man, there ain't nothing there worth buying really besides those adults..

those babies are missing fins, literally lol

Harry Marsh
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
If they raise the fry themselves: they're worth it as surrogates