PDA

View Full Version : Angels

Bill63SG
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
My pariba blue and smokey were getting it on in the community,Threw them in an empty 20.Water changing and sae eggs on glass,not the cone.With all the discus studying,hadnt looked at angels yet.How do I get them to hacth.Meth blue,airstone,pull parents?Or leave parents in.Thanks.

Bill63SG
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Problem solver.Blinked and they ate thier eggs.Now I"ve got a little stime for some readin'up.

dprais1
08-30-2012, 09:44 PM
The AngelFish Forum. Bland compared to SD but lots of good stuff on there.

Bill63SG
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Thank you.

Bud Smith
08-31-2012, 04:28 AM
Bill - Angels plus has very good info on breeding angels and sells all your breeding supplies

Bill63SG
08-31-2012, 06:20 AM
And thank you,reading over the weekend if we get hit with the storm.And the internet dosent go down.

twocat
08-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Chances are even if they hatch they will not make it to the free swimming stage, The parents will eat them. If they are on the glass you can not pull the eggs but on day 3 look and see if the tails are wriggling. If they are , then I would put the pair in their own tank with a piece of pvc pipe, that is at a 45 degree angel. In about 14 days after the first batch they should lay again. If they do put them in a gallon or 1/2 gallon pickle jar, add 1 cap full of hydrogen peroxide in the am and again in the pm. Do this for the first 4 days. Turn the air on where it is really going . On day 3 turn the air down change water , on day 6 change water, day 7 feed them a small amount of bbs or micro worms. you are set.
My experience has been that it takes lots of eaten batches before the parents will parent raise.

John_Nicholson
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Raising angels is easy. They breed like rabbits and you can't kill the fry. Bill this is where the shoe box method works best.

-john

dennis waage
08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi John, Whats the shoebox method??

Dennis

John_Nicholson
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Here is a really bad picture, but the basic concept is a small container that floats in a much larger tank. It confines the fry to a small area but you have the water stability of the whole tank. You have to move water though the small container. It also helps to keep the BBS in a small area for the fry to find.

Air pushes the water up though the lift tube and out though the netting at the other end. It is great if you have larger fry to eat any BBS that comes though the net.

-john

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/DiscusJohn/Fish%2003-11/shoebox.jpg

John_Nicholson
08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
The big float "tubes" that you see are just a couple pieces of PVC with the ends capped. For the netting I just use a piece of on old net and hot glue it in place. Used this method for angels/plecos/discus/ and I don't remember what else for 15 years or so.

-john