PDA

View Full Version : Did I just feel a couple drops of water?

Keith Perkins
09-08-2012, 12:14 AM
So I'm getting ready to do WCs earlier this evening when I decide to give Second Hand Pat a call. I'm standing about 3 feet in front of my line of 29s chatting when I suddenly feel what seems like a couple of small drops of water on my right arm, really tiny drops. Now the house is only 10 years old and there is only one water line that runs overhead in the whole fishcave but I am standing just a few feet to the left of it. I then look down to see if there's any water on the floor I guess but water's not what I see. There laying on the floor is a 2 inch juvie that decided to go for a jump. I had already opened up the tank tops to start siphoning out tanks and be danged if one didn't decide to make a break for it. Not sure who was more surprised, me or Pat. The conversation did take a bit of a turn at that point.

Note to self, make dang sure to close all the juvies tank covers after feedings.

Second Hand Pat
09-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Hope it is doing ok Keith.

Keith Perkins
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
It seems to be. I guess I forgot to mention is spun like a clock a few times when I put it back in the tank while I was on the phone. Pretty sure I've never seen a fish do somersaults like that before.

shoveltrash
09-08-2012, 11:45 AM
gives credence to your signature "close those tank openings.....or else!"
LOL
hope he recovers ok!

MKD
09-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I never close my fry tank because i think they're small wont jump and have to do wc, wipe down and feedings so i get lazy to close it. i'll need to close it from now on. thank you for sharing Keith.

Keith Perkins
09-08-2012, 03:19 PM
gives credence to your signature "close those tank openings.....or else!"
LOL
hope he recovers ok!

It certainly does Trish, not that it really needed it. Many of us have already given it more than enough credence. He seems to have recovered just fine, as there were no victims in the tank this morning and I couldn't pick him out of the crowd.

Tony, my downfall is usually after a feeding. I've left them open with the current batches many a time after a feeding without problem. It was really lucky I happened to be standing there talking to Pat when it decided to jump or the outcome would not have been so good.