PDA

View Full Version : FS - 3/4" Geophagus parnaibae juvies - PU only, MD 20837

laborelch
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I have about 100-130 Geophagus parnaibae juvies, sized 1/2" to 3/4" for sale. These are f3's from fish I received from Ryan Smith last year (see his post here: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?90161-F2-Geophagus-parnaibae-1-1.5-quot-Central-Florida-Shipping-available&highlight=geophagus+parnaibae).

They are raised in tap water (350ppm, ph 7.4-7.6, 84F). The parents are in my 200g discus tank, temp 84-86F, 120ppm. They are great at keeping the sand clean (and actually prefer sand as substrate). Fry are very healthy and active, eating flake, FDBW and pellets.

I prefer to sell the whole lot for $200. Pick-up only, and BYOB (last B stands for bucket) :)

picture of an adult:
http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/52353/2513926300059391507S600x600Q85.jpg
and fry:
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/49170/2935189690059391507S600x600Q85.jpg

Discus-n00b
09-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Ahhhh shame, I'm actually looking for more of these. Got some from Ryan too, had a few die offs and I'm stuck with what appear to be two males lol. For anyone local that is looking at these, these are great fish I love mine....great geo, stays fairly small too. Mine do excellent with my wild discus and angels btw.

Good luck with the sale, shame I'm not closer.

laborelch
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
allright, seems to be tricky to sell a whole spawn locally without shipping option - anyways, got a bunch of local requests if I'd be willing to sell smaller batches, so here we go:

6 fish @ $20.

Still local pickup only though.
I am trying to figure out shipping - bear with me.

laborelch
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Batch is sold, got few juvie's left to grow out - might be available spring next year

Ryan
12-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Steffi, I'm glad to see you're still working with these. They're a great little Geo. I still have a batch of F2s from the same spawn that your adults came from but I haven't been actively raising the fry. Jeff Rapps briefly offered them again a couple of weeks ago but outside of that, I've never seen them on lists for sale since I bought my F1s in 2009. Not a common geo, but go great in large peaceful community setups.

Discus-n00b
12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Let me know if you start raising the fry Ryan, I'd love to have some more. Had a few die off at the young stage, and now have a male killing off some others.....not enough to balance the aggression so I need more! lol I guess I just need to setup a growout tank and get some from Rapps.

Ryan
12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm working with a couple other cichlids at the moment so I haven't done much with the Geos. I had some water problems a few months ago and lost my larger geo species, which was pretty devastating. They were gorgeous, fairly uncommon fish. Luckily the parnaibae were in a smaller tank and I was able to prevent any disasters there. Usually they spawn in the spring so maybe I'll have some by next summer.

laborelch
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Steffi, I'm glad to see you're still working with these. They're a great little Geo. I still have a batch of F2s from the same spawn that your adults came from but I haven't been actively raising the fry. Jeff Rapps briefly offered them again a couple of weeks ago but outside of that, I've never seen them on lists for sale since I bought my F1s in 2009. Not a common geo, but go great in large peaceful community setups.

I love them but they get a tad too active/aggressive when they're holding.... and they spawn regularly. I'm partial to reduce down to only 2 fish (the confirmed pair) sometime next spring - right now I have 4 adults and about 12 juvies in that tank (and I know how to ship now - that's where the rest of the batch went). :)

Ryan
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
I can see where spawning pairs would be a bit active for a discus tank. When they're mixed with other peaceful SAs (severums, rams, other geos, acaras, etc.) they don't tend to cause too much of a disturbance. Mine always bred in my 150 community and I always had to strip the eggs from the male manually, otherwise none of the fry ever made it. He'd release them and they'd get scooped up by the tankmates.