PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks - Packers game - Mon. Sept.24

discuspaul
09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Did you folks see the whopping Seattle gave the Comboys yesterday ?
Some defensive performance by the Hawks, huh ? - and what more good can one say about Lynch's running prowess !

After that performance, and perhaps a touch foolishly, I talked Keith by PM into accepting a small wager on next Monday's game between the Pack & the Hawks, in Seattle.
I even sweetened it up by giving Keith 1.5 to 1 odds (my $30. vs. his $20.)
Of course, he rushed in to accept, that's what good Green Bay fans do, isn't it ? -

Now, I don't mind losing a few bucks if need be, but that doesn't mean I'm deluded enough to entertain any others from wanting to join Keith in betting on the Pack against me, specially at those odds ! LOL
And I'm sure John Nicholson will have something to say about that.

At any rate, should be a great game - rookie Wilson vs. prolific Rodgers - we'll see.

Kal-El
09-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I won't put money on this but the Packers will put a whopping on Seattle and bring them back down to earth as we did with the Bears. ARod is going to explode after playing two of the top defense. Seattle's got a good D but Dallas an't no Packers and Seattle's D an't 49er's D. As a Packer Fan only team I'm worry about is the 49ers. We will see them in the playoff again to get our revenge. It should still be a good game.

Wes
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I won't put money on this but the Packers will put a whopping on Seattle and bring them back down to earth as we did with the Bears. ARod is going to explode after playing two of the top defense. Seattle's got a good D but Dallas an't no Packers and Seattle's D an't 49er's D. As a Packer Fan only team I'm worry about is the 49ers. We will see them in the playoff again to get our revenge. It should still be a good game.
Do u put cheese in your beef heart mix?:grin:

Kal-El
09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Do u put cheese in your beef heat mix?:grin:

I do that's why they are growing very nice and big... :D

Keith Perkins
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
I've always had one rule about betting and the Packers, no matter what the spread, never bet against them. After last night I added a second rule, never pass up 3 to 2 odds.

discuspaul
09-17-2012, 08:53 PM
HA HA
Well Keith, I would go with those odds too, and it was indeed astute of you to accept the wager.

However, as we all know, anything can happen in the NFL, and it generally does (Murphy's law) - and the home field advantage (particularly when you consider the 12th man effect from those rabid Seattle fans) may well make the difference !

Gonna be a good game, no matter what.

yim11
09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Let's not lose focus here - we need to get back to the part about beating the cowboys please.

Keith Perkins
09-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Let's not lose focus here - we need to get back to the part about beating the cowboys please.

Let's not Jim. I've got Romo and that kicker what's his name on my fantasy team and as you know they did crap for me this week. I so wish I had played RG3 and even Robbie Gould instead, and for me to have wanted to play a Chicago Bear; tisk, tisk, tisk.

yim11
09-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Romo vs RG3? Figured that would have been an easy call. LOL

discuspaul
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm gearing up for Monday's game - but of course all the odds-makers, so far anyway, have got the Pack over the Hawks - but not by much - 6 points at best. They are often proven wrong too - lol
I'm still hanging in for home advantage., and the 12 th man making a difference, which I think it will. And the Hawks D is every bit as good as the 49'ers D, imho.
It's all up to ARod - if he has a good game - it's lights out for the Hawks - If not....... well, prepare for the upset !

Keith, you'll note I'm not yet asking for your mailing address, so I can direct my payment check !!!!

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
The thing to remember about odds is that they're set to get the betting levels at such a point that the bookies make money at the end of the day. The more fans a team has, the higher the odds. The Packers spreads are always high, just because they have so many fans. That said, I HIGHLY doubt the Seahawks D is as good as the 49ers, and the Packers D played way better against the Bears than they did the Niners. If the D plays that well again and the Packers offense finally gels it's going to be a long long night for you, but at least you'll be able to work on expanding your vocabulary and stringing together adjectives in new and creative ways.

Orange Crush
09-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Did you folks see the whopping Seattle gave the Comboys yesterday ?
Some defensive performance by the Hawks, huh ? - and what more good can one say about Lynch's running prowess !
My husband was so happy with that game since he is a Hawks fan. Me? I usually root for the other team, whoever they are unless it is Dallas or Oakland. I have lived in the Seattle pretty much my whole life and they cause nothing but disapointment for their fans year after year since they have never won a Super Bowl. Despite all of that, I voted to fund the new stadium to be built (late 1990's I believe) just so I could watch my beloved Denver Broncos once a year when they came to Seattle. So, the Hawks got their new stadium and then switched from AFC to NFC. B@st@rds, they found a way to make me like them even less since they would no longer be in the same division as Denver.
I picked the name Orange Crush because I am such a big fan of the Broncos http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1218816-denver-broncos-the-return-of-the-infamous-orange-crush
Anyways, GO PACKERS!

captmorgan23
09-21-2012, 06:08 AM
I am in Seattle, and we are excited about this teams potential...heres to hoping!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Just finished watching Inside Lambeau, now the Mike McCarthy Show is on. Lots of Relishing of the Bears beat down. I almost forgot about our special teams Paul, they could be ripping you up too.

Kal-El
09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
It's going to be a blow out... Packer is due for an offense of breakout.

discuspaul
09-23-2012, 02:19 PM
We shall see - Pack may perhaps take it, but it won't be a blowout.
And Keith, The Seattle special teams are not shabby either.

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
You're about to learn what a professional football team can look like, it's going to be very very shocking Paul. :shocked:

discuspaul
09-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Ah, you're so very good at taunting, Keith......you do it nicely though.
It's possible you're the one who could be shocked.
The last noted oddsmaker I read said: "Packers by 3 - Pick Seattle". How about that ?

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes, I would be shocked if the Seahags won!

Keith Perkins
09-23-2012, 10:25 PM
A little decorating in my fishcave.

Brought this in from the garage.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Thermometer_zps86632cc1.jpg

To go with these placards I bought.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/Placards_zps5c387c29.jpg

The yellow Title Towel came from the NFC Championship game the year Favre won his Superbowl, the last game I was at. Best seats I've ever had, paid face value for the tickets.

The green Titletown Towel I bought after Rodgers 2011 Superbowl Win.

Paul, Superbowls are what you win when you're the best team in the NFL. Just in case you didn't know, knowing you have no experience winning those out there.

discuspaul
09-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah, Yeah, I know - no Super Bowls yet - but the Hawks have been NFC champs a couple of times, and gone on to the SB..... without a victory however - but the time will eventually come.
How many other NFL teams have never even had a sniff at their conference championship, let alone a stab at the SB ? !!!

And btw, just had another look at that thread you started well over a year ago, where you posted your unsmiling pic after a little misadventure in your fish room - ( and which was just revived).
You still look like a p....d off cop - Maybe, just maybe, if the Pack happens to win tomorrow's game, you could post a picture of yourself smiling........ That itself would be worth the $30. to me ! LOL
Or maybe you wouldn't smile until you received my payment. ? !!

discuspaul
09-24-2012, 10:18 PM
You're about to learn what a professional football team can look like, it's going to be very very shocking Paul. :shocked:

Hey, I know it's only 30 minutes of football so far....but Keith, might YOU be the one starting 'to learn what a professional football team can look like' ...? Not shocking - yet - but it could turn out to be.

And it may be too early to be optimistic, and without picking on any particular earlier commentary, as far as this game being a 'blowout' by the Packers..... well - that ain't going to happen.
And as to Seattle's D not being the 49er's D - wrong..... 8 sacks of ARod so far by the Hawks - the most in Rodgers' career to date - does that say something ?

Let's see what the second half brings.
What do you think of Wilson now, Keith ?

Keith Perkins
09-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Up by 4 in the third and crowing, only a Canuck.

You're singing his praises and I've seen one professional scoring drive. Oh, and Perry takes him down. Back to the WCs.

Kal-El
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Don't know what the Ref saw but that was definitively not a TD and was clear a int. Jenning had the int. Those replacement ref needs to go... Someone definitely made some money from this upset...

discuspaul
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Well..... there won't be any gloating here at this end ---- after a play and a call like that - which I've never seen before !
But it is a W for Seattle, unfortunately for the Pack. I'll just quietly PM you my mailing address, Keith - better luck next time.

Discus-n00b
09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Not even counting the last play, these officials need to go.....the regulars need to get back ASAP this is ridiculous. I'm torn about the call, simultaneous possession goes to the offense....and to me it was before they hit the ground. Tate got two hands on the football even before the defender got 2 feet down, that to me is simultaneous.

yim11
09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
This has to end.

Kal-El
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
This lost suck cause of the way it ended. Everyone watching that last play know that Jennings had the int and was down once tate touch him with his arms trying to pull on it. funny is that the ref standing in front that call the TD saw that jennings clearly has both hands on the ball... this is by far the worst way to lose with a call like that... plus Tate push off.

Props to seahawk D for slowing down ARod.

Discus-n00b
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Again, IMO yes Jennings had possession......in the air. Its still live until he's on the ground/gets two feet in. He had 1 foot down when he had sole possession and was not on the ground other then 1 toe. Thats no INT to me. Sucks to lose that way but....

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
You better watch another replay Matt. Tate's right hand never gets on the ball until after Jenning's has the ball tucked away.

Send on the address Paul.

Discus-n00b
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Yes, but tucked away does not end it. The play isn't dead with the ball just tucked away.

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Well..... there won't be any gloating here at this end ---- after a play and a call like that - which I've never seen before !
But it is a W for Seattle, unfortunately for the Pack. I'll just quietly PM you my mailing address, Keith - better luck next time.

On second thought, Keith - I won't PM you my mailing address. Keep your money - I don't deserve it.
And my post here was not at all influenced by the comments of others just above - I just felt the same way after the final whistle..

Having said that, you have to admit the Seahawks did play well against the mighty Pack, didn't they ? No quits there - and I still think they have one heck of a D !

Kal-El
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
You better watch another replay Matt. Tate's right hand never gets on the ball until after Jenning's has the ball tucked away.

Send on the address Paul.

+1

southvietstar
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Packers got robbed. Where was the O PI?!

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, but tucked away does not end it. The play isn't dead with the ball just tucked away.

No, he's down on the ground with Tate then trying to take the ball away from him, which he never does. Jenning's possessed Tate's left arm behind the ball against Jenning's body, Tate never possessed anything. I can tell you what NFL should stand for with these officials, Not For Long.

Discus-n00b
09-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Well, agree to disagree about the play.....but I fully agree with the replacement official hate. Problem is, with the joke of a job these guys are doing the NFL loses ALL leverage every game these guys work. The real officials are sitting at home laughing and seeing how much the NFL NEEDS them, the NFL has no leverage anymore. They need to just buck up and do whatever it takes to get these guys back.

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 12:12 AM
On second thought, Keith - I won't PM you my mailing address. Keep your money - I don't deserve it.

Don't even go there.

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Well, agree to disagree about the play.....but I fully agree with the replacement official hate. Problem is, with the joke of a job these guys are doing the NFL loses ALL leverage every game these guys work. The real officials are sitting at home laughing and seeing how much the NFL NEEDS them, the NFL has no leverage anymore. They need to just buck up and do whatever it takes to get these guys back.

I thought I had heard they were only $1,000 a year apart. What is that, 160 refs at $1,000, $160,000? I can see the problem, good grief.

cjr8420
09-25-2012, 01:31 AM
No, he's down on the ground with Tate then trying to take the ball away from him, which he never does. Jenning's possessed Tate's left arm behind the ball against Jenning's body, Tate never possessed anything. I can tell you what NFL should stand for with these officials, Not For Long.
while true cheese heads are 1-2 roflmfao

Kal-El
09-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Again, IMO yes Jennings had possession......in the air. Its still live until he's on the ground/gets two feet in. He had 1 foot down when he had sole possession and was not on the ground other then 1 toe. Thats no INT to me. Sucks to lose that way but....

Only way it's a TD if Tate had position in the air with Jennings trying to get the ball back, then the call would go to the offense of player, but that clearly isn't the case. Even the retire Ref agrees that it should have been call an Int/touchback or pass interference on tate for pushing off Sam Shield to the ground. That along would have ended the game. What should had happen is the Head Ref should have come to the scene and confirmed it with his ref two ref ( one call touchback/int and the other TD) before making the final call. He was no were to be found. See the picture below as you can clearly see who had position and was on the ground.

Seahawk got a game giving to them and the Bear nation are enjoying this while they are on top of the division. This will only make Packers come back stronger... Don't leave it to the ref to decide.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/imageher/263851_4250383311373_1166441197_n.jpg

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Paul - maybe we can come up with a good double or nothing bet, like for a playoff rematch or who goes deeper into the playoffs...assuming we have real refs by then.

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Paul - maybe we can come up with a good double or nothing bet, like for a playoff rematch or who goes deeper into the playoffs...assuming we have real refs by then.

Sounds good - I'll go for that.
But let's make it even money - no odds. Say, $25. each, or more if you wish - I'd be agreeable to up to $100. each max.
Let's both give it some thought & come up with something 'equitable' - ok ?

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Well since I owe you $20, that's what I was suggesting by double or nothing. No odds is fine with me.

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Great - now all we have to do is figure out what the bet will be on.
Not likely there will be a playoff rematch, although you never know.
Deeper into the playoffs may be ok, but I have to truly accede that the Pack has the historical advantage - given the Hawks achievements, or lack thereof, in recent years, vs. Green Bay's results.

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
But you have the 12th man, and sometimes the 13th as well apparently.

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
How about something as mundane as win-loss record for the year ?

Oh yeah, we have the 13th man in the Canadian Football League.
You probably have never even heard of the CFL -LOL - but our B.C. Lions (last year's Grey Cup Champs) are leading the CFL @ 9-3, and are looking good to repeat.

Keith Perkins
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Afraid of the further in the playoffs option are you? Or perhaps the revenge factor if they go head to head?

What shape "football" do they use in the CFL, one of those funny round ones?

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't know why, but the further in the playoffs option has me a touch uneasy.
But if they could manage to go head to head in the playoffs - that doesn't bother me - maybe that's what we should go with.
I'm game for that.

And of course, it could only be a Wisconsonite to ask what shape of football is used in Canuck land - you probably don't have a clue how many football stars have gone back & forth between Canada and the U.S., nor how many great players in the NFL have got their training & honed their talents in the CFL.

Wes
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
doug flutie is one

discuspaul
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah, for sure - Flutie was the best.
But there were many others - tada - trivia time:

It pretty well all started with QB Joe Kapp with the Vikings when Bud Grant was coaching there, around 1967 or so.
Then Vince Ferragamo with the former L.A. Rams
But how about:
- Joe Theisman
- Warren Moon
- Jeff Garcia
- Rocket Ismael
- Kerry Joseph
- Mervyn Fernandez-
- Cameron Wake
- Ricky Williams
And there are many others.

Keith Perkins
09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Paul - a lot of diverse thoughts went through my head when you mentioned NFL players honing their talents in the CFL, but I got laser focused on what you must mean when I got to the bottom of your list on the next post.

Hopefully you'll feel about this next wager like you undoubtedly about your player list...you should have quit while you were ahead.

discuspaul
09-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Paul - a lot of diverse thoughts went through my head when you mentioned NFL players honing their talents in the CFL, but I got laser focused on what you must mean when I got to the bottom of your list on the next post.

Hopefully you'll feel about this next wager like you undoubtedly about your player list...you should have quit while you were ahead.

The good man speaketh in riddles.
What is it that you mean to impart to me, kind sir ?
While I may at times be somewhat slow, you have completely lost me.

Keith Perkins
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
A man (Ricky Williams) who leaves the NFL to go get stoned in the tropics for a year shouldn't be to big of a riddle.

discuspaul
09-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, but he was one hell of a football player, at least the little I ever saw of him.
So what ? How about Theisman, Flutie, Moon & Garcia - do they have a checkered private life ?
Probably - just like many, many others, and many of us too, I suspect.

discuspaul
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
A little revival of this thread, just to go over recent happenings:

Hey, have you noticed - there's now a logjam in the NFC West, isn't there ? Tough division, to say the least.
Niners, Hawks, and Cards are all now deadlocked @ 4-2, with the Niners & Cards losses today, and Hawks great win over Brady & the Pats.
What does one think of the Seattle defense now ? (Not to mention Wilson's offense). I really do believe the Hawks can beat the Niners next week. We'll see.
And Keith, I'm now watching the Pack vs. the mighty Texans. Not a bad start for the Pack in tonite's game. If they can win this one, maybe you can be attracted to continuing our little wager on most season wins ???
It's getting interesting, isn't it ?

Keith Perkins
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
* That's what you'll have next to your final record in my mind no matter what the commissioner said. I made it pink just in honor of the breast cancer awareness theme, not your team. :)

discuspaul
10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Okay, that's very nice. And no matter what, or how the commissioner said it, it still counts, right ?
Very good of you to honor the breast cancer awareness program, but that asterisk, or whatever it is, doesn't do anything for me. The Hawks final record will be on the plus side - will the Pack's ?
You're evading the issue - can we find a common ground on which to continue our wager ?

Orange Crush
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
* That's what you'll have next to your final record in my mind no matter what the commissioner said. :)
+1

Keith Perkins
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
You're evading the issue - can we find a common ground on which to continue our wager ?

Go back and start rereading from post 41 Paul...I'm evading the issue? Head to head rematch in the playoffs, and if that doesn't happen which team goes further in the playoffs. I'll even give you the win if it's a tie.

trusty
10-16-2012, 12:50 AM
seahawks u mad bro............

discuspaul
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Go back and start rereading from post 41 Paul...I'm evading the issue? Head to head rematch in the playoffs, and if that doesn't happen which team goes further in the playoffs. I'll even give you the win if it's a tie.

OK, Keith, sounds acceptable - you're on.

Keith Perkins
10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
:D Sucker, lol.

discuspaul
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
:D Sucker, lol.

We shall see, good buddy !
That's double or nothing, right ?

Keith Perkins
10-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Yup. You got nothing to lose but the money you wouldn't give me an address to send it to. Well that and your football dignity of course.

Enjoying watching the Yankees tonight.

DiscusLoverJeff
10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Love good ole football trash talk and wagering!

Good luck guys!

(Go Detroit)

ZX10R
10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Love good ole football trash talk and wagering!

Good luck guys!

(Go Detroit)

Go Detroit?????????

Hope you are talking about baseball :D

DiscusLoverJeff
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes, he mentioned the Yankee's and I think we can agree Detroit was the underdog this year and they are beating up the Yankee's, Lol

Go Denver!!! (Payton Manning fan)

ZX10R
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, he mentioned the Yankee's and I think we can agree Detroit was the underdog this year and they are beating up the Yankee's, Lol

Go Denver!!! (Payton Manning fan)

Oh geez Jeff what are we going to do with your lost soul :D

DiscusLoverJeff
10-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Lol, thanks Sean.

Ok, Go Bears, Go Packers, Go Atlanta, go denver.

Keith Perkins
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Hmm, guess I haven't been "home" for a while because I missed all the activity from the 17th until now. After the Seahawks superb play against the Niners I'm thinking maybe I should have taken the regular season record bet. Though the Packer players keep dropping like flies, the schedule looks easier down the stretch.

I grew up listening to Tiger baseball and saw a lot of games thanks to an older sister that lived just outside of Detroit, so I was definitely enjoying watching the Yankees in that series...watching them lose of course. Best team money can buy?

DiscusLoverJeff
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Glad myself Keith to see Detroit sweep the Yankees!

It was a sight to behold. Best team in baseball, bahhhh. Lol

discuspaul
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Well Keith, we have 9 games under our belt - although the Pack is a game ahead of the Hawks in the win-loss column.
Both the Pack and the Hawks are # 2 in their respective divisions, and both teams do not have an easy, nor a particularly difficult, schedule for the remaining 7 games, but one never knows what can happen. I'm more or less happy we didn't agree on the regular season best record bet, but it remains to be seen who can manage a wild card berth, if it comes to that.
Ah, I'm getting a little antsy over possibly losing my $, but I'm not asking you to send me your mailing address yet. - LOL

Keith Perkins
11-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm sure you are happy we didn't agree on a regular season best record, not looking too good for your Hawks in that category right now. Even with all the injuries the Pack has right now it seems like things are gelling and I'm feeling pretty good. Don't worry about asking for my mailing address, unless you decide to enter into another foolish bet with it being double or nothing you won't be sending me anything regardless.

discuspaul
12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Darn..... everytime the Hawks have a good game, like today beating the Bears, the Packers also win .... so we're still a game behind & I fear we'll never be able to catch up !
And to top it off, the Pack is tied for first place with Chicago in the NL North, while Seattle is languishing somewhat behind the Niners in the West.... is there no justice for rookie Wilson's great QB display to date ? Wisconsin sure has a man to be proud of, don't they ?
But hey, still 4 games left in the season !

Keith Perkins
12-02-2012, 11:57 PM
It was tough today trying to decide who I wanted to win that game. Seahawks win and the Pack is leading the division again because we beat the Bears earlier this year, Bears win and the Seahawks fall back in the wildcard race and maybe don't even make the playoffs. I think it worked out right, how the heck could I want the Bears to ever win. :)

discuspaul
12-03-2012, 12:33 AM
It was tough today trying to decide who I wanted to win that game. Seahawks win and the Pack is leading the division again because we beat the Bears earlier this year, Bears win and the Seahawks fall back in the wildcard race and maybe don't even make the playoffs. I think it worked out right, how the heck could I want the Bears to ever win. :)

Now, that's funny !

Keith Perkins
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
It's hard to be happy Seattle is winning any game, but...

Cosgrovb
12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
First time in a long long long long time I will be rooting for the Packers. Next week... Cheese will be a rolling!

discuspaul
12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
And what do we have, once again this week ?
Packers win by plenty ! Clinch division - in the playoffs ! They're awesome !
AND, so far - @ half time - Hawks beating the Niners by plenty ? That's pretty good too - assuming it holds up !

captmorgan23
12-25-2012, 03:09 AM
it held up alright

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

discuspaul
12-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Yes it did.
But every time the 'Hawks' win, the Pack does too - there's just no way we (in Seattle) can keep up.
Matter of fact, I'll say it again, the Packers take their division, over the Bears - who would of thought that at the start of the season ?
Ah well, it all goes into post season, and see what develops , huh ?

Keith Perkins
12-29-2012, 01:58 PM
My prediction, the Pack sees the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game in Green Bay.

discuspaul
12-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, you're probably right - at least I hope the Hawks get that far, even if it means they have to face the Pack, in GB, for the NFC championship.
But remember - there's still tomorrow.... If the Hawks win, and the Niners & Packers lose.....then there's a bye for the Hawks and home field advantage - I think I've got that right, haven't I ?. LOL

Keith Perkins
12-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes, except I know the Packers aren't going to lose and I doubt the Niners will either.

discuspaul
12-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, I wouldn't bet on it - stranger things have happened.
Some may call it a 'choke' -.......... I really don't think GB, and ARod, will do that, but the Niners, with their rookie QB, might ... specially after the licking Seattle put on them last week !

Keith Perkins
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Well the Pack could look better at this point. Spotting the Vikings 13 is kind of generous.

Cosgrovb
12-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Bears need help fast!

Keith Perkins
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Well 7 is a start.

Cosgrovb
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
A lead change is coming

Cosgrovb
12-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Wrong way :(

Keith Perkins
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
All tied up, just over 2 left, MN with the ball 3rd and 11. I'm not complaining.

Cosgrovb
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
:(

discuspaul
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, in a way, Keith, I'm sorry GB let you down a bit today - now have only a similar record to Seattle's @ 11-5 - but they have a big chance to redeem by going against the Vikes and AP, once again, in the playoffs.
I just feel bad that the Niners didn't also lose, which would of course have given my team the Division and some other good things too.
But not to be - now we're just second fiddle wild cards fighting for our lives to get to the NFC final.
It will certainly be very interesting !

Keith Perkins
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
We each win two, and I'll see you in GB.

discuspaul
01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
This evening's game is going to be a real test - either for ARod, or AP, or both.
Someone's going to come out on top - wonder who ?

cjr8420
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
i would be awesome if AP could get a 3 game sweep on Arod this season.

discuspaul
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Absolutely ! Hope it happens.

discuspaul
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Not to be.
Well, that's one in the books for GB, who really handled AP very well last nite.
But.... next week in SF will be a super test.

cjr8420
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
i didnt know the vikes had no QB that game and seeing how 49ers have screwed with their QBs i hate to say it but the pack will take them down too.

discuspaul
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey Keith,
It's beginning to look like your recent 'prediction' of a Seattle - Green Bay showdown @ Lambeau for the NFC championship may well be a distinct possibility.

Keith Perkins
01-07-2013, 12:55 AM
I don't know, the Packers didn't look very good IMO Saturday night. Fortunately however I was with all of my wife's family for a late holiday get together in SW Minnesota so I was at least able to give a lot of Vikings fans a little grief. Just getting settled in after the long drive home and had forgotten about the Seahawks until I saw the new activity on this thread. Went out to NFL.com quick to see what happened and then came back to catch up on this thread. Looks like the Hawks had another good game once they got going. We'll see what next weekend brings.

Keith Perkins
01-07-2013, 12:58 AM

Just curious Mike, how was AP going to get a 3 game sweep when the Vikings lost the first game against the Pack?

cjr8420
01-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Just curious Mike, how was AP going to get a 3 game sweep when the Vikings lost the first game against the Pack?easy cause i didnt do a discount double fact check
b4 i posted this lol

captmorgan23
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM
That game was extremely stressful...it made my stomach hurt...I was at the game before this with the Rams...it was stressful as well. If they keep getting closer, I may end up with a heart attack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

discuspaul
01-07-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't know, the Packers didn't look very good IMO Saturday night. Fortunately however I was with all of my wife's family for a late holiday get together in SW Minnesota so I was at least able to give a lot of Vikings fans a little grief. Just getting settled in after the long drive home and had forgotten about the Seahawks until I saw the new activity on this thread. Went out to NFL.com quick to see what happened and then came back to catch up on this thread. Looks like the Hawks had another good game once they got going. We'll see what next weekend brings.

Well, you know what - imho, if anyone in the NFC can beat the Niners in a big game like this, in SF, - it's the Packers !
And as for upsetting the Falcons in Atlanta, I can't think of a better team that could do it than the Seahawks.

Orange Crush
01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I had forgotten about the Seahawks.....
lol;)
I wish I could forget them but my husband is a big fan and likes to wear his Trufant jersey

cjr8420
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
its funny i think i like watching the packers lose more than watching the bears win.so is this bet a wash if seahawks lose today to

discuspaul
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
See posts #'s 59 & 61
I believe Keith was giving me the win even if it was a tie going into the playoffs. They both won just a single play-off game.
Am I right ?

Keith Perkins
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure what I'm more disgusted with, the Packers or my fish. I'm ready to...