PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Fish Swap Meet

Kal-El
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Site Link (http://www.gcca.net/component/eventbooking/?task=view_event&event_id=44&Itemid=641)

I'm carious to know if any local Discus Breeder will be a vendor at this meet on this Sunday 9/30/12.

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Bill63SG and I will be there. I've got some 2 and 3 inch RTs I'm hoping to post on the GCCA site in the next couple of days and I know Bill has a couple types available, including a limited number of Rose Reds. We were hoping to get a table, but I saw last night they were already sold out.

Kal-El
09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Bill63SG and I will be there. I've got some 2 and 3 inch RTs I'm hoping to post on the GCCA site in the next couple of days and I know Bill has a couple types available, including a limited number of Rose Reds. We were hoping to get a table, but I saw last night they were already sold out.

Awesome, hopefully you guys do get a table. Are your RT straight line or regular?

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Awesome, hopefully you guys do get a table. Are your RT straight line or regular?

Not sure I've ever given that much thought and at this size the markings still have a lot of developing to do. Here's a few shots of the parents though so you can see the genetics. Not the best pictures I've ever taken, but it'll give you a pretty good idea. I'm sure Bill and I are thinking at this point we'll probably have to settle for taking pre-orders and just dealing fish in the parking lot. :)

Mom - I'd say some straight line characteristics

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/FemaleRTRightSide.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/FemaleRTFierce.jpg

Dad - more classic markings

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/MaleRT2.jpg

This one isn't focused very well, but does show the true color beter

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/CozyKeith/MaleRT.jpg

Both mom and dad were fathered by an awesome RT from Kenny.

Bill63SG
09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I've still got some,but not alot of the rose reds left,and a few melons at the 2-21/2 inch range,and a bunch at the 1 1/2 inch.7575075751Thats the female rose red,mate died,and pics of the melon pair.75752Rose red fry,bigger now.75753Melon in the forground.

Wes
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Usually Jeff from exotic and 2 or 3 other people selling discus there. The last one Josie and Tara had a table also.

Bill63SG
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I know Taras going to be there,I dont know if she/they have a table.

Wes
09-20-2012, 06:34 PM
So Bill, u and Keith going to do a table dance and sell some fish.:bounce::bounce2:

Bill63SG
09-20-2012, 06:59 PM
So Bill, u and Keith going to do a table dance and sell some fish.:bounce::bounce2:Tables are already gone.Going to have to set up a pole in the parking lot.

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Probably more like a back of the car dance, since all the tables sold to GCCA members and non-members couldn't attempt to get one until tomorrow. It's a little annoying actually, because I sent an e-mail through the GCCA website trying to find out if I should become a member to get a table and I never heard back from anyone. I received an automated response saying "Thank you for contacting the GCCA. We'll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can.", but I guess as soon as they can is longer than 37 days. I contacted them August 14.

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Tables are already gone.Going to have to set up a pole in the parking lot.

I was thinking helium balloons strung between or vehicles with D I S C U S written on them. More than a little tough without power though. That and I wonder how long it would take them to run us off.

Wes
09-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Tables are already gone.Going to have to set up a pole in the parking lot. I guess we need to bring singles and tomatoes depending on how good u guys are.

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I guess we need to bring singles and tomatoes depending on how good u guys are.

I guess I'd prefer that to rotten tomatoes. I've just been on-line checking out power inverters, maybe we will try to bring some fish.

TNT77
09-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I know Taras going to be there,I dont know if she/they have a table. I dont have a table Bill. I had someone come clean me out of almost all of the adults I was selling over a week ago. The female bd and a young carnation pair is all I have left for sale atm and the bd is spoken for so no use for two fish. Lol though last time I was sold out within 30 min of it opening I think.

TNT77
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I guess I'd prefer that to rotten tomatoes. I've just been on-line checking out power inverters, maybe we will try to bring some fish.
Keith Ive got an inverter that plugs into a car outlet if you need to use it for the duration of the swap you are more than welcome to.

Bill63SG
09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Selling nickle bags of discus from the trunk of a car.

Bill63SG
09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I dont have a table Bill. I had someone come clean me out of almost all of the adults I was selling over a week ago. The female bd and a young carnation pair is all I have left for sale atm and the bd is spoken for so no use for two fish. Lol though last time I was sold out within 30 min of it opening I think.Spoken for by me!

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Keith Ive got an inverter that plugs into a car outlet if you need to use it for the duration of the swap you are more than welcome to.

Done. I'll send you a PM. Maybe I'll walk around with pictures of the parents on my back like they do at the gun shows.

Chicago Discus
09-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I had a table but called them and let it go because I will be New Mexico for work I really wish I knew that you guys wanted a table ...Dam.......Josie

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I had a table but called them and let it go because I will be New Mexico for work I really wish I knew that you guys wanted a table ...Dam.......Josie

Um, that's why I asked you what you could tell me about the swap meet.

Chicago Discus
09-20-2012, 11:11 PM

no I remember the conversation we had you said that you and bill were going to share a table.........silly man....Josie

Keith Perkins
09-20-2012, 11:30 PM

no I remember the conversation we had you said that you and bill were going to share a table.........silly man....Josie

Yup, your right. Both of those things were communicated at the same time and that was the last time we communicated.

Chicago Discus
09-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Yup, your right. Both of those things were communicated at the same time and that was the last time we communicated.

Keith lets do the next swap meet together we can get two large tables and you, Tara, bill and I can share.....Josie

Angel4all
09-21-2012, 02:12 AM
I will be there at gcc a swap 2 I/2 inch to4 inch pb discus and also fries from Kenny redmap an inch or little bit bigger .this is sair

TNT77
09-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Keith lets do the next swap meet together we can get two large tables and you, Tara, bill and I can share.....Josie
Ill try to get us tables early if I can. I will probably be taking some 4-5" reds and cobalts up for the next one.

Chicago Discus
09-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Ill try to get us tables early if I can. I will probably be taking some 4-5" reds and cobalts up for the next one.

cool Tara....we have been playing phone tag...LOL..Josie

Kal-El
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Tara PM me your pricing for the 4-5" Cobalts.

Kal-El
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Suck you won't have your amazing discus available at this Swap. Have a fun safe trip...

This would be nice having all of the best breeder be at 1-2 large table. Makes it easier to find you guys... :P

Bill63SG
09-21-2012, 07:33 PM
This would be nice having all of the best breeder be at 1-2 large table. Makes it easier to find you guys... :PI dont know if I'd throw around "best" and me in the same sentence.

Keith Perkins
09-21-2012, 08:24 PM
I dont know if I'd throw around "best" and me in the same sentence.

You got elevated to that status when you got the female Red Cover from me and she produced for you. :)

DiscusLoverJeff
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
If I get enough interest, I will have about 30 ARSG/Albino Leopard F1 Intermedate. The juvies are seen in this thread. I have 12 committed to members as of this post. But as I said, I dont have a table but can bring some juvies there if you have buckets or bags.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?98788-ARSG-and-Albino-Leopard-F1-Intermediate-Juvies