PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh - bought a 75 off Craigslist today.

aalbina
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Gotta feed the addiction slowly - just a few gallons at a time!

Adam

Second Hand Pat
10-05-2012, 02:13 PM
This is slow Adam...come on, immerse yourself :D

BobDaniel
10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I had a guy call me a month ago offering a 125G with all the filters for a Franklin unit. I had to decline as my boss here said "One tank! She is starting to really like the fish so there may be a softening in her position over the next few months!

Good luck and have fun with the 75!!

Trier20
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Hope you got a good deal on it! People around here ask way too much!

aalbina
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
This is slow Adam...come on, immerse yourself :D

Just waiting for a few more sons to go out and make it in the world - and then I can have a fish room!

Adam

aalbina
10-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I had a guy call me a month ago offering a 125G with all the filters for a Franklin unit. I had to decline as my boss here said "One tank! She is starting to really like the fish so there may be a softening in her position over the next few months!

Good luck and have fun with the 75!!

Thanks Bob! Good luck to you --

Adam

aalbina
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Hope you got a good deal on it! People around here ask way too much!

$75 - about what it's worth. People on Craigslist seem to ask too much all the time as well - $450 for tank, light, filter and fish! All I want is the tank - I will build my own stand and certainly don't want the POS accessories that they have -- way over priced stuff on Craigslist. That's why I jumped on this.

Adam

ockyra215
10-05-2012, 03:56 PM
its not an addiction till you buy thirty plus tanks lol! Until then its a controlable urge lol! There are deals on craigslist you just have to weed thru the ******** and low ball everyone!

aalbina
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
its not an addiction till you buy thirty plus tanks lol! Until then its a controlable urge lol! There are deals on craigslist you just have to weed thru the ******** and low ball everyone!

You got that right - still waiting to see that fishroom with all those tanks you get from Ken.

Adam

ericNH
08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Hi Adam. Just wanted to post in your homestead. But on a related note I got my whole setup off of craigs list, and I'm pretty sure I should have paid less.

$500 for:

1 x 125 gallon tank and stand
2 x magnum 350 canister filters with all the necessary hose lines
2 x standard airpump with airstone strips
2 x run-of-the-mill powerheads
4 x run-of-the-mill aquarium heaters
1 x lighht fixture that runs four 65w fluorescents (but I had to buy and replace the ballasts myself)
A few different sized nets, some spare parts

Various and sundry other items that i don't use.

So, do you think I did okay or would you say I overpaid? Just curious.

aalbina
08-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Sounds like you did OK - depends on the age of the tank, filters canisters, and lighting. All in all - that a good amount of stuff - a good deal is one that makes you happy. Since this one's done - I'd say you got a good deal!

Adam

ericNH
08-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm, I feel better about it now. Not that I was totally freaking out or anything, jusdt thought I shoulda offered him say $350 or $400. But I'm pretty happy with the setup. Thanks for the opinion :)

Soooo, you posted this in regard to a 75 gallon tank you picked up....I gotta ask, how many tanks do you NOW have? And what are there sizes?

aalbina
08-20-2014, 10:50 AM
I have the 75, a 55, a 29 and a 10 hospital tank. Only the 55 currently has anything in it.

Adam