NADA     Golden State Discus

View RSS Feed

Second Hand Pat

1. Oh No, Lost Crow - Black Jack's Story, The tale of a Scalawag: Part Three

So the crow is moved to a critter proof outside cage with a couple of perches for exercise. He was feed the first couple of times inside the cage. Important to establish the cage as “home base”. Time to allow the crow his freedom. Up on the roof he goes, now to the tree, back to the roof.

Ever watch a large bird land on a twig. The crow attempts to land and ends up falling through the leaves until he comes to something which can support him, wings all spread out over the leaves. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Poor Homeless Crow - Black Jack's Story, The tale of a Scalawag: Part Two

So three days later the crow comes back. Tiffany decided he was more then she could to handle, so Jane offered him to me. Of course I jumped on that one. Birds are a passion for me and I’m reliving memories of my childhood crow friends Midnight and Inky.

So home this crow comes in a cat carrier and he’s eating good, about four times a day. Since I work during the day Diana got to do the mid day feedings. Well, a couple of weeks go by and this crow is growing big time. His flight ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Springtime in Florida

While driving down the driveway towards the house a hawk took off from the fence. When this happens it is usually a sign that spring is around the corner as we have hawks which fly down to Florida for nesting season. A pair of copper hawks has graced a tree behind the barn with a nest several summers in a row raising up to four baby hawks.

Copper hawks have their own distinctive call and this is usually the first indication I have that they are in the area. I will hear them for several ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Black Jack's Story, The tale of a Scalawag: Part One

Several summers ago my daughter Diana and her trainer Jane decided to go on a trail ride in the neighborhood. It was early summer and the weather was getting hot as summers tend to get in Florida.

They were having a grand old time talking, the horses were quiet and one of them noticed something black under a pine tree. They walked the horses over to investigate and it was a young crow, feathered but just out of the nest. The crow was sitting in the sun and panting quite heavy. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Cafepress             AquaticSuppliers.com