AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LPH60 from Jehmco

Default LPH60 from Jehmco

It was time to step up the air system.I was running 2 luft pumps from Foster and Smith.Didnt run pvc,got 2 20 outlet manifolds and ran 3/4" braided hose.Right off the bat I have to say its very quite.Its not that much bigger then the other pumps.m_71 003.jpgJust ran the hose to be quick,and a manifold on each side of the basement.m_71 001.jpgm_71 007.jpgBasement still looks like a meth lab.Right now running 31 sponges,and last two outlets are wide open.m_71 004.jpgGoing to also hook up the stone from my aging barrel,and my bbs,and it looks like it will still push more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Default Re: LPH60 from Jehmco

Sounds like you will have plenty of air for even more lines with the size of that pump.

Did you use the braided hose for a reason as opposed to 1" pvc Bill? Also, on the ends of the manifolds, do they come with connections to hook up directly to pvc if I chose that instead?

Great job so far. I like the idea of labels also.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

I used the braided hose because I didnt feel like gluing pvc,and gave me more play/wiggle room with running it by light fixtures and conduit.The manifold ends are threaded for caps and nipples.As far as hooking up to pvc,I imagine there is a fitting,but I would call Jehmco to be sure.I did it atleast twice while deciding on what I wanted.The lables were also part of a re-numbering of my tanks.It was a little of a mess at the end until I re-did this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

I think you made a good choice in pumps. I sometimes wish I had kept mine instead of my blower, (the blower will not blow strong in my 220 gallon it is too deep).
    Kraig

You dont need to glue the PVC! Mine isnt, I was skeptical but it works no problem.

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Mine isn't glued either
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Well,maybe next time.This is working more then fine,and the hose is more forgiving,lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

bill i really think u should use unglued pvc instead of hose lol jk looks good now get that RO going and some more outlets and u have a hatchery lol
    mike
    37gal comm
    55 discus growout
    75 african cics

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that Pump..I've had a LPH 60 from jehmco running in the fishroom now for the last 8 years. That pump is a workshorse that runs so quiet you can barely tell its running.

Its a great choice Bill, just be sure to clean that airfilter in it often...its a fine foam..Good idea is to pick up a spare one to have on hand.

take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that Pump..I've had a LPH 60 from jehmco running in the fishroom now for the last 8 years. That pump is a workshorse that runs so quiet you can barely tell its running.

Its a great choice Bill, just be sure to clean that airfilter in it often...its a fine foam..Good idea is to pick up a spare one to have on hand.

take care,
    al
    That came into play of its placement.The spot I wanted to put it I wasnt sure it would fit until I saw how small it was,didnt have the most convenient access.I knew I would blow off the cleaning.So its now in a more open spot.Glad to hear how long you've uased those,Al.After the two luft pumps,at first I didnt now what the new noise,sound was,and I realized it was the air bubbles from the sponges.Couldnt really hear them before,plus now more flow,not constantly tweaking the valves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member

Hey Bill, nice set up... BTW, I bought several discus from you including the large Angel. Gotta tell you, the discus are awesome the eat like pigs and the colors are coming in nicely. Look forward to my next purchase :-].

Quote Originally Posted by Mariov66 View Post
    Hey Bill, nice set up... BTW, I bought several discus from you including the large Angel. Gotta tell you, the discus are awesome the eat like pigs and the colors are coming in nicely. Look forward to my next purchase :-].
    Hey Mario,glad to see you made it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Running give or take 32 outlets,will still plenty of omph!Decided to run a line over to the bbs,water storage.m_75 007.jpg7 more stones going,shut down another small pumps,and 2 valves on one of the manifolds still wide open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Bill - nice set-up - I will go with a LPH26 - in working with your system any suggestions you can share would be appreciated
    I do not want to run all of my pvc from the ceiling but concealed behind my tanks.
    Bud

Hi, Bill,

Nice setup. Can you tell me how you affix the outlets to the manifold? I assume that each outlet has a valve, and so if you're turning the valves occasionally, wouldn't that tend to weaken the connection to the manifold? As you can see, I've never set up an air system. Thanks! -Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast