ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Real Name
    Matt

Default New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Got a new toy in the mail today. I am highly pumped, just spent 4-5 hours field stripping it and cleaning it. I've wanted one of these since I started learning about WWII. One of my favorite guns ever. Finally a dream come true...and I have another one on the way!

A BEAUTIFUL piece of American History is now mine.

This Cartouche means its original USGI wood! Stamped by the government many years ago.

Anyone else into guns? I'm just getting into it, just starting my collection. I'm in the process of obtaining a Federal Firearms License so I can purchase more older weapons. Feel free to post your collection/favorite.
    -Matt

Default Re: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Matt the sling looks good.I am still looking for a garand locally around here in Pa.Just need some cash lol!
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

personally not much of a gun buff. butt my buddy( who's been tattooing the sleeve on my keft arm) certainly is he's got some crazy s@!$, if the link works right this is his wife she works at http://www.advanced-armament.com/default.aspx?pageId=10 this place its in atlanta . seen footage of her shooting some crazy gigantic 50cal riffles with silencers lol
    she really looks innocent

Registered Member

Nice Grand bought mine fron the DCM about 18 years ago for $375.00. Shortly after I started shooting the M14. Will spot you 10 points at 1000 yards. Would like to by MoRe but my gun safe is like my fish tank over crowded

Real Name
    Matt

Is that what I think it is in the first picture?? Looks like a sporterized stock on a 1903? Doesn't have a straight stock like the regular 1903s had. Kind of resembles a Mauser too. Sweet none the less and thats a gun on my list of must haves, hard to find good ones for the right price though.

Yeah I hear ya, collections get big. I'll post up some new pictures tomorrow of my new additions. Well old additions but new to me, recently acquired from my grandparents.
    -Matt

Registered Member

Matt you are right it is not a pure breed. The rifle is a stock military 1903A1 action manufactured in 1928. The barrel band sights have been removed a carefully stored and a Lyman 48C receiver sight added the front sight is a Lyman 17C. The 1903A1 was issued with a scant or straight stock. The stock on the rifle is a later C stock which was issued on the later 1903A3 which is the receiver sight version. http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl07-e.htm

I purchased the rifle for $400.00 about four years ago form a fellow shooters estate. I believe that he purchased it from the DCM I the early 50’s. He used as a silhouette rifle, it is extremely accurate capable of groups of 1 inch at 100 yards and about 36 inches at 1000 yards.
    I have spent the last 25 year competing in DCM/CMP high-power matches. I am almost 60 and my eyes are not as good as they once were scopes and receiver sights have become necessary.

Be Safe and Keep Shooting

Les

Real Name
    Matt

Nice. I wish CMP still had a stock of the 1903s. I still hold hope. Here are some more of my budding collection. My safe is to small...

One of my favorites, the Colt "Peacemaker". Probably the most recognized pistol of all time. This is a .38 special first generation model of the Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker). This gun is all original parts, a little wear to it but in great condition and I love looking at it.

Next up is my Savage 720 12 gague shotgun and Mossberg M51(a) .22

And here is an interesting one. Passed down from my grandparents, an old musket. No idea anything about it. Stories in the family say it was fired in the Civil War and after was modified a bit to fit a smaller person, possibly a woman.

Something a little cool. South Carolina tax stamps on a box of old ammo. I'm a young guy so its interesting to see this kind of stuff.

I really would like to get an M1 Carbine. They are going super fast and becoming increasingly scarace. Want one before they are gone forever.
    -Matt

How 'bout a bumpdate?? Two of my favorites

Savage 116 in .30-06 w/ Nikon Monarch 3-12x42sf, DIY camo job

AR15: Spikes Tactical lower, CMMG upper, Vltor Clubfoot stock, CAA grip, YHM hand guard, Surefire light, YHM flip up sight, ARMS rear sight, Bushnell Trophy red dot

- Jose

Oooohhh.... Whoa.....
    Melissa

Just be yourself. The people who matter, won't mind.
    And the people who mind, won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusMama View Post
    Oooohhh.... Whoa.....
    Ha, does that mean you like them???
    - Jose

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hey guys, some pretty pieces. I only have my shotgun my dad bought for me when I was 12. It's a 20 gauge semi-automatic beretta with a modified choke. Great little quail gun.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

Very nice Jose! Sorry about the wait, I was in North Africa playing with these for a few weeks. (Picture is from google)

I'm looking to buy another personal gun, toss up between a pistol, 1911 variety or more rifles. I think the rifles are winning atm, a Mosin Nagant is in my immediate future.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Matt

New one for ya!

The Judge! Basically a hand held shotgun. Shoots 410 shotgun shells or .45 long colt. Packs a punch.

-Matt

I was bored with the current setup on my AR15, so I decided to do a little remodeling. Iron sights and red dot scopes are nice, but it's no fun to shoot a 12" target at 100yds w/o magnification, it's almost impossible to see where you're shooting. The build was inspired by the US Navy Mk 12 Mod 0/1 SPR (special purpose rifle). I couldn't afford all the real parts that are used for the Navy's version, so I had to improvise. Here's more info on the Mk 12 SPR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_12_S..._Purpose_Rifle

- CMMG 18" MedCon upper w/ mid-length gas system & micro gas block
    - Spikes Tactical lower receiver & custom-engraved ejection port cover
    - RRA lower parts kit w/ two-stage trigger
    - Ergo Tactical Deluxe pistol grip
    - Ace Skeleton stock, rifle length
    - JP Enterprises 15" hand guard
    - DPMS Miculek muzzle brake / compensator
    - Harris 6-9" lightweight bipod
    - Nikon M-223 3-12x42SF scope, calibrated for .223/55gr/3240fps round
    - Nikon M-223 742 scope mount, 20 MOA incline
    - Nikon RSH-13 sunshade
    - Raddlock Bullet Button for Commiefornia

- Jose

Dam! I know where to go if the world ever gets overun by zombies!
    @ Matt, I see you like Brazilian guns as much as fish!

Here in NJ it's .22's, brass knuckles, and baseball bats :-)

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast