ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Very nice Jose!

Anyone here carry concealed? Might I ask what you carry? I'll be getting my license here soon so I'm in the market for a pistol. I'm really looking hard at the 1911 models. A bit long (unless you get a 3-4" barrel version) but pretty thin and the mag is single stack. Just looking for options at this point. Not really a fan of Glocks, to over hyped.
    -Matt

Real men carry .50 Desert Eagles!
    Darrell

That would be big to conceal lol... My everyday gun is a 9mm Stoeger Cougar and I just love it! I use to rotate out in the summer with a Colt Gov. Model .380 But with the long winters here in MN I just got used to carrying my stoeger!

Quote Originally Posted by fattubwhale View Post
    That would be big to conceal lol... My everyday gun is a 9mm Stoeger Cougar and I just love it! I use to rotate out in the summer with a Colt Gov. Model .380 But with the long winters here in MN I just got used to carrying my stoeger!
    True. I was just kidding around, but they do pack a helluva punch. Really no need to carry around here. We mostly just shoot long guns. I'm liking that "Judge". Should do some damage with buckshot, or a slug.
    Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Very nice Jose!

Anyone here carry concealed? Might I ask what you carry? I'll be getting my license here soon so I'm in the market for a pistol. I'm really looking hard at the 1911 models. A bit long (unless you get a 3-4" barrel version) but pretty thin and the mag is single stack. Just looking for options at this point. Not really a fan of Glocks, to over hyped.
    I am a concealed carry person....I only have two safes full of weapons, but my current favorite cc is a ruger LCP in .380....dang thing fits anywhere, and with newer ammo, the .380 isn't what it used to be....Gary
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Ward View Post
    True. I was just kidding around, but they do pack a helluva punch. Really no need to carry around here. We mostly just shoot long guns. I'm liking that "Judge". Should do some damage with buckshot, or a slug.
    I know you were lol... The "Judge" is a pretty sick piece

The LCP is cheap and very concealable!

Yep, so far I really like it. Last winter while prospecting in Prescott, I stopped by the factory. I've owned a lot of Ruger rifles, but this is my first Ruger pistol..I have an older Browning .380, and it's as large as my Sig 226-9!....The LCP is really great for the price....(I got one of my daughter's one in Raspberry [pink])
    My current project that won't get finished until fall is building a PTR-91 into a SAW....
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

My Concealed Weapon is a Glock 26. It a nice little gun I take to the range every few months for target practice.
    George

I've got an older .380 from my Dad that is a replica of the Colt Commander.Looks sweet but the only way you could hit the side of a barn with it is if you were inside.My brother shoots semi-pro,and he had to switch from his .45 to a nine mil because in his 60's,couldn't shoot it all day with the kick.I shot it a few times and fell in love with it.Para Ordnance .45 Hi-Cap 18+1.All tweaked out and balanced from his smith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Ralph

I was hoping to finally meet you all some day...but I've since changed my mind reading through these posts. Just in case I piss someone off I'm far enough here at home safe and sound.
    My Mom passed on her weapon of choice which was a (model size 6 slipper) high impack sole and seemed to do the trick growing up.
    As Rodrigo mentioned...I 've since added (Louisville SluggerBat C555): An alloy that includes scandium, C555 is stated to be up to 10% stronger than C405.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Matt

What I think I really want, and what I'm eying right now is a Dan Wesson (CZ USA) "Guardian" or CCO. Very similar weapons. Hard to decide! I think it will come down to the bobtail grip. I'm pretty set on .45 ACP though with a 1911 base. Oh and no straight triggers, I hate straight triggers.

Not my pictures, but this is what I want. First is the Guardian.

Here is the CCO
    -Matt

Registered Member

when I was a LOT younger,our gun club had some m1's set up as match guns..they were the most accurate guns that I ever fired ..a lot of fun to shoot.

Real Name
    Matt

They are great. Both of mine worked like a charm the first time I shot them. Just cleaned the cosmoline off and greased them up, nothing else. Out of storage and shooting for the first time since basically the Korean War and they shoot perfectly. No feed or ejection problems, accurate, cycling very well....more then pleased. Best part is they are SO easy to clean and service compared to the new black rifles. And very durable.
    -Matt

very nice...I'm not allowed to have guns anymore so I do mma instead!
    Jim

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast