ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

Default Re: New "toy", anyone else into guns?

I have a .22 malin rifle mr grandfather taught me how to shoot on... Its more valuable to me then anyother gun in the world could.. Not how it would do against zombies except maybe piss them off!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    What I think I really want, and what I'm eying right now is a Dan Wesson (CZ USA) "Guardian" or CCO. Very similar weapons. Hard to decide! I think it will come down to the bobtail grip. I'm pretty set on .45 ACP though with a 1911 base. Oh and no straight triggers, I hate straight triggers.

Not my pictures, but this is what I want. First is the Guardian.

Here is the CCO
    Dan wesson 1911s are great. I'm really fond of the guardian. They are backed by a great company too. CZ has outstanding cs (not that you will need it) and they make a quality firearm. The cz 75 is my favorite pistol design. Their ergonomics are sweet and the gun fits my hand like a glove. This is my edc... Cz pcr

Real Name
    Matt

I'll probably have to order it straight from CZ, doesn't look like any dealers down my way regularly carry their firearms. Which really isn't a problem, Could possibly get their military discount this way. Only downside is I've heard they are backed up, especially for 1911s like most companies are atm. Maybe I'll get lucky and see a used one sitting in a display case somewhere for sale.
    -Matt

Keep your eye on gunbroker and gunsamerica, you can catch a good deal every once in a while.

Registered Member

I've sold most of mine for paintball markers. all the fun of shooting someone without the jailtime. except for the 22 22mag rugar revolver I got for high school grad.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Very nice Jose!

Anyone here carry concealed? Might I ask what you carry? I'll be getting my license here soon so I'm in the market for a pistol. I'm really looking hard at the 1911 models. A bit long (unless you get a 3-4" barrel version) but pretty thin and the mag is single stack. Just looking for options at this point. Not really a fan of Glocks, to over hyped.
    I should have my license in a few days, now that some California counties are slowly becoming shall-issue. I'm going to start off carrying my Springfield XD in .45 Auto. In a few months I plan on picking up a sub compact Glock .40
    - Jose

Real Name
    Matt

Good news for me, just talked to CZ (Makers of the Dan Wessons) and they do offer a military discount. Just gotta send in my credentials to get the price list. This Dan Wesson is becoming more a reality haha! If Springfield would bring back the 40% off of a pistol for military/LEO I'd hop on that fast, but right now they are running another deal.
    -Matt

Sounds good Matt! Make sure and update us with some pics when you get it.

Real Name
    Matt

I haven't "pulled the trigger" so to speak on a pistol yet.

However the CMP just got in a load of bolt action rifles (m1917, m1903, m1903a3), sent in my order for 2 1903a3 rifles. The CMP received 2500 orders just on Monday (first day of sale) for appox 2012 pieces available. Thats full rifles and stuff like just receivers or receivers + barrels. So you do the math, its going to a lotto system. I hope I get lucky for at least 1!! Its a rifle on my bucket list. I always go for 2 because I like to get different manufactures and someday I might have kids, and I'd love to pass something like this down. I should know if I'm getting anything within the next few days. Its almost like waiting for discus to come via fedex!
    -Matt

I carry a Colt Defender loaded with Xtreme Shock ammo.
    Been looking into the Kimber Solo, but that Ruger price is hard to pass on.

Real Name
    Matt

I got some good news the other day. I'll be getting the 2 1903A3 rifles I ordered. I basically won a lottery of over 2500 people...good luck to me! Should be shipped next week or so.
    -Matt

I've got an old Springfield myself; I picked it up way back around '68, was dirt cheap then. It's a real beater, nothing nice..It sometimes travels with a chicom sk under one of my pickup seats...It's time for an oiling in my two safes, eben tho' I'm busy on the new fishroom..I'm at around 30 pistols, give or take..realise that includes muzzle loader's, six shooter's, etc. besides 'modern' firearms..These are the top three in my top shelf...
    Center, the .380 Browning I carried to work for 25 years..
    Lower, the .380 Ruger that replaced the Browning as a daily carry..
    Top, the Sig-Sauer 226-9 Navy Seal..One bad boy...Phosphate coated internals, nitron, and a laser..This guy also travels with me in strange neighborhoods and hincky situations...
    I carry a .45 Peacemaker when in desrt locations prospecting, but I'll clean those another day

The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Some new pics

- Jose

Real Name
    Matt

Got them! They are my first ever bolt guns, and I already love them. They are a bit banged up, but definitely shootable which is what I wanted. They need a good cleaning, and some rust busting in some small areas but the bolts are soooo smooth and they will function perfectly. Just need some slings for them now. I'll probably eventually pickup a new barrel for one of them, probably the Remington, but for now its fine. Both rifles have barrels dated to late 1943. American history, gotta love it! Can't wait to take these out.

Remington 1903A3
    Smith Corona 1903A3
    -Matt

Real Name
    Matt

Took one of the 1903A3's out to shoot this weekend. Shoots like a CHAMP, feels so smooth. Only problem I found was a feed problem, I think I need a new spring as it feeds the first round great, the others not so much. So fun to shoot, I love these old war horses.

-Matt

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast