ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HELP.. white spots

Default HELP.. white spots

Please complete the questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste)

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

I have 6 discus 3 to 3.5 inch two is showing what looks like ich, white little patches on fins and back tail fin, just saw it this morning.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

white small patches on fin and back fin on the 2 discus

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

none

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

55 gallon about 6 months old 6 discus 1 angel 4 rams 3 cats 4 ottos

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

15 20% everyday, bout 7 months, eco complete sub, yes half ro and tap for 24 hours

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ___83

- ph ____6.5

- ammonia reading .5 ppm

- nitrite reading __0

- nitrate reading __.25 ppm

- well water ____no

- municipal water _half and half RO

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
    added 3 discus in middle of Dec. I bought from Hans. No new plants. have a little BBA (black beard) that I have been dosing for. Want to move fish to 30 gallon till I can break down my 55 and go just BB instead till I get new 110 going in a couple of weeks.

Default Re: HELP.. white spots

Its hard to say whitout pictures, Whit spots could be a lot of things. If possible take a few pics of the sick fish. I would also bump up the temp in the tank and do a large waterchange. (90%)
    -Jeff

Default HELP.. white spots

Ich doesn't come in "patches" it's a very clear little spots like salt and its wide spread. Maybe a fungus. Need pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: HELP.. white spots

ok will get some pics to put up here. I have seen ich on cichlids I had, looks like that not clear looks more white on there front fins and little on back tail. Not alot put looks like on two of them.
    Now let me ask yall this I am looking to move to a 30 for a couple of days till I can get the 55 broke down and remove plants and sub and go BB. I have the aged RO and tap on 30 gallon barrell with heat and circulation (aged for 24 hours). When I use that water to fill 30 gallon BB, since I will be doing 50% water changes per day, do I have to use seachem stability? Not using the water from 55 since afraid has something in it that the fish has. thanks