AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Intestional Parasite Treatment

Registered Member

Default Intestional Parasite Treatment

I have an adult discus which I placed in a 20g quarantine tank because it quit eating & had white stringy feces. I started treatment with Tetra Parasite Guard followed 48 hrs. later with 25% wc & Parasite Guard again. 24hrs. later I added 400mg. of metrodasinol. 24hrs.later with 40%wc I added 600mg. metro. Fish will still not eat even live white worms. In examining what I assume are white anal secretions under a microscope; I see oblong organisms moving about. They are not hex. as I originally thought & comparing to a picture of hex. I see on the forum. I can find no pictures of what I am seeing. What could they be & how should I continue to treat? Should I raise present temp. of 83? Thank you for your help!

Default Re: Intestional Parasite Treatment

Allow few days so the fish can recover, many times they will stop eating while in treatment. I know capillaria worms will make your fish stop eating, can be identified if you can see the eggs.

Give it a couple of days with fresh and clean water after meds so he / she can recover.

It will be a great idea to fill the questionnaire found on top of the page.