AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Don't think it's worms.....

Default Don't think it's worms.....

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started: thought my PB had worms this morning, was totally bummed out by noticing his feces were brown but had what looked like white little fingers coming out with the other feces.
    Then, I realized it wasn't worms, the feces were encased in a whitish casing (kinda like sausage). The white finger area I noticed was a frayed end, not worms like I thought. I know it was a casing because it broke apart on the way down and all the pieces broke apart. (Gross, I know. I work in healthcare so fish poop is the least gross thing in my day.)

2. Symptoms occasional "shudders," gets a full belly when I feed FDBW because he is a food hog and is one of the two biggest fish. Sometimes startles but never bruised or hurt himself.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
    None, wasn't sure what the story was!

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish 60 gal, gravel bottom, over a year. 1 small Pleco, 1 reticulated loach, 4 tetras, 2 angels 3.5-4", 3 Cory's, 6 discus from 3"-5".
    Age water for micro bubbles, no ph swing from aged to tank.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
    Feed flake, fdbw, fbs, frozen bloodworms for treats, pellets
    50%, 30 gal 3x per week.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __86 (per Hans as I have 2 new guys not eating well. I know! No QT space, I lost any bargaining I had when I put a 30 gal trashcan in my living room for an aging barrel)___

- ph __approx 6.4__

- ammonia reading ___0_

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading __<10 ppm__

- well water __yes with softener a and conditioning system. No issues with iron or chlorine. __

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
    2 new 3" ers from Hans approx 3.5 weeks ago.

Like I said, I wasn't sure what it could be, so I filled out the questionnaire.
    Tanks in advance,
    Meg

Default Re: Don't think it's worms.....

Can you post some pictures, it will help
    -Ismael

Default Re: Don't think it's worms.....

I tried to take pictures but he would either swim so I couldn't see it or get startled by the cameras red light. I don't think the pictures I got would do any good. Sorry.
    I know it's weird.....