AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Fins getting ratty, appitite loss

Registered Member

Default Fins getting ratty, appitite loss

So just over the past couple of days I have noticed an issue with my virgin red discus.

His fins are a bit "tatty" and ripping easier then usual. I'll try and grab some pictures, but it almost looks like the tips of his fins are eroding and his tail has ripped twice in the past week (it still heals quickly though) His tail and pectoral fins seem to have the faintest hints of white on the tips as well.

I also noticed just today that his appetite has dropped a bit today, and he is not filling his belly as fat as usual.

All the other fish in the tank are fine, and I want to fix this before it really becomes a problem.

I was thinking of doing a prazi-pro treamtment along with perhaps Pimafix.

Any insite anyone could offer ??

Default Re: Fins getting ratty, appitite loss

at the top of page read that big red BEFORE then hopefully u can get the help u seek
    mike
    37gal comm
    55 discus growout
    75 african cics

Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    So just over the past couple of days I have noticed an issue with my virgin red discus.

His fins are a bit "tatty" and ripping easier then usual. I'll try and grab some pictures, but it almost looks like the tips of his fins are eroding and his tail has ripped twice in the past week (it still heals quickly though) His tail and pectoral fins seem to have the faintest hints of white on the tips as well.

I also noticed just today that his appetite has dropped a bit today, and he is not filling his belly as fat as usual.

All the other fish in the tank are fine, and I want to fix this before it really becomes a problem.

I was thinking of doing a prazi-pro treamtment along with perhaps Pimafix.

Any insite anyone could offer ??
    Fill this Questionnaire, but let me tell you IME pimafix does not work..........

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete
    -Ismael

Registered Member

Never mind, I figured what what was wrong. My other discus is just beating on him and ripping his fins. There is a simple solution for this one.

Get more discus