ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HITH Scars

Default HITH Scars

I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with HITH going away? I've read no and yes, personally i've been treating some newly acquired fish for 9 days with metro and 90% WCs daily. A picture lies in this link http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-Oak-Forest-IL. There we're no behavior changes in the fish, it never had any issues on this front, they have a good diet(beefheart mix, Al's FDBW, Sera, Brine Shrimp). I'm not seeing any changes in the sizes of the holes, is this normal? is there anything else i should try?

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Default Re: HITH Scars

Quote Originally Posted by Tapenoon View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with HITH going away? I've read no and yes, personally i've been treating some newly acquired fish for 9 days with metro and 90% WCs daily. A picture lies in this link http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-Oak-Forest-IL. There we're no behavior changes in the fish, it never had any issues on this front, they have a good diet(beefheart mix, Al's FDBW, Sera, Brine Shrimp). I'm not seeing any changes in the sizes of the holes, is this normal? is there anything else i should try?
    Is that the discus you got from exotic discus?
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Yes Josie

Yes Josie
    In my experience with HITH you will always have some scaring but it will heal. Also the problem may recur periodically and never really completely go away. But you’re on the right track good diet clean water. Maybe the place you god the discus from will give you a refund. P.S. Please don’t mix them with my babies LOL....Tara said I should have kept that scribbie I sold you meaning he was a beauty and should be put in the next NADA show hint hint.......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    In my experience with HITH you will always have some scaring but it will heal. Also the problem may recur periodically and never really completely go away. But you’re on the right track good diet clean water. Maybe the place you god the discus from will give you a refund. P.S. Please don’t mix them with my babies LOL....Tara said I should have kept that scribbie I sold you meaning he was a beauty and should be put in the next NADA show hint hint.......Josie
    Not a chance, they will stay in that qt tank probably indefinitely. As far as the scribby goes, you gotta talk to the boss, thats her baby lol.

I agree with Josie. Talk with Jeff at Exotic to get a refund since they have HITH. I'm sure he will have no issue with that, especially if you are not satisfy with them.

Not a chance, they will stay in that qt tank probably indefinitely. As far as the scribby goes, you gotta talk to the boss, thats her baby lol.
    I have some old spawn photos (baby photos of him) she might like. She could hang it up next to his tank could be a nice party conversation when people come over LOL. Most people have no clue where there fish came from......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Here is my thread when I had HITH I treated what was advised to me in post #20. Mine cleared up great and you can't hardly even see any scares.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ave-a-question
    My wife names my fish