ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing New Product , " Bio-Pigment Plus " Freeze Dried AUSTRALIAN Blackworms...

Exclamation Introducing New Product , " Bio-Pigment Plus " Freeze Dried AUSTRALIAN Blackworms...

Hi all,
    I have been very proud and Honored to work with Mal Davidson of Australian Blackworms now for the last 3 years. I take my reputation very seriously and would never have my name associated with something that I was not confident of its quality...Thats what I love about working with Australian Blackworms. Mal takes his time every step of the way and carefully evaluates any changes or potential products. I know this to be a fact as he often passes his ideas to me for feedback and input. This was the case when he came out with his Freeze Dried Australian BlackWorms with Spinach, a formulation that has gotten great support, feedback and reviews. Because of this I have added it to my online store as a full line item that will be regularly stocked... orders may be place here... http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Free...Spinach_c5.htm

One thing I know that Mal tries to do is design his products to meet a perceived need in our hobby. Its easy to get carried away when you are formulating a product or trying something new. I learned this years ago as biologist in the biotech field... and Australian Blackworms did not want to go down that path, so Mal began some careful test runs of various products designed to meet the goal of enhancing the colors without hormones , especially in fish like Discus...I received many batches of these food to try here in my fishroom, and evaluate.. After several long Months, I do believe that we have a product that meets this percieved need for a non-hormone based Color enhancer.

We call it, "Bio-Pigment Plus". Our Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms are now availible in with a combination of Spinach,Spirullina Algae, and Carophyll Pink. This formulation is designed to help bring out the reds and oranges in your fish. In the Course of the last 10 years of running this forum, I have read the question asked repeatedly about how to bring out the reds and orange colors in discus.. It is our hope that this food meets that need. You now have a choice of a food that combines the nutrition of Freeze Dried Blackworms with the benefits of added pigments that the fish can inturn use to produce the colors that you want to see in your fish.

I am initially offering this product for sale immediately in the 10 gram, 50 gram , and 100 gram bags from my stock..Orders may be place here....http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Free...nt-Plus_c7.htm

I am taking pre-orders on the larger sizes of 200 gram, 500 gram, 1kg here..http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Spec...-orders_c4.htm

I will eventually carry the larger sizes as normal stock items, but I want to be sure that everyone has a chance to get some of this new product.

I would be honored if you give it a try. If you already use our Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms, Your fish will love these as well.I have tried them with mine and they just as readily accepted.

One note.. Please understand that I can't promise your fishes will miraculously attain that deep red or orange you dream about..what I can say is fish like discus make their colors from what they eat...and this food has building blocks they can use to that ends. Results will vary and we make no promises as to how effective these added pigments will be as it depends on too many factors.

Also please note..Yellow fish and other light colored fish should not be fed this food... These should be fed our " Original " Freeze Dried Blackworms ( order here...http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Free...riginal_c6.htm ) or our Spinach mix (order here...http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Free...Spinach_c5.htm)

As always, I will do my best to provide you a great food and great service, and please do understand that these purchases you make help support this forum. I look forward to your feedback on our new product.

Thank You Everyone!!
    Al Sabetta
    AquaticSuppliers.com
    SimplyDiscus LLC
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-26-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Introducing New Product , " Bio-Pigment Plus " Freeze Dried AUSTRALIAN Blackworm

To recap... Order the new Bio-Pigment Plus Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms here..http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Free...nt-Plus_c7.htm
    If you have been looking for a food to help bring out the reds and oranges and you already use our Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms because of their quality and nutrition.

Thank You Everyone!!
    Al Sabetta
    AquaticSuppliers.com
    SimplyDiscus LLC
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Default Re: Introducing New Product , " Bio-Pigment Plus " Freeze Dried AUSTRALIAN Blackworm

I'm interested in trying this out, but have a question per your light colored fish warning. I have two albino discus in my group, should I not give them this?

Real Name
    Rick

Al,

Any chance of a future product that offers yellow enhancing ability? Something with zeaxanthin, or marigold petals? At any rate sounds very interesting and will be adding to my monthly order.

Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Joan,
    The biggest problem people have with Yellow fish is that any foods with pigments in it tends to turn them orange over time... With something like albinos...a little now and then wont be a problem and again its going to vary. I have had Golden albinos that were fed heavy pigments and they turned from a pale whitish to a yellowish with tinge of orange after a year or so...I found the change attractive in what was before a drab fish.

I believe things like albinos with red patterns and spots will benefit... but again... each hobbyist needs to decide.

Oh and I may add that if you are currently feeding foods like tetrabits, hikari Red,home made beefheart with spirulina,or paprika, or astaxanthin... you are giving pigments to your fish.
    Hth
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-26-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Al,

Any chance of a future product that offers yellow enhancing ability? Something with zeaxanthin, or marigold petals? At any rate sounds very interesting and will be adding to my monthly order.

Rick
    Lol... Rick, I already have a special order in the works for something to address yellows...so yes, very very likely.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Rick

Lol... Rick, I already have a special order in the works for something to address yellows...so yes, very very likely.

-al
    Very nice, put me on the top of the list for that. While it may be a bit of a niche product, it would be the only one of its kind commercially available to my knowledge.

Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Alas red Cuipeua when they are not in breeding colors...excited

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Alas red Cuipeua when they are not in breeding colors...excited
    Hmmm...wonder how the added pigments would work on them in breeding colors when they are putting pigments to use most.
    -al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hmmm...wonder how the added pigments would work on them in breeding colors when they are putting pigments to use most.
    -al
    Super red Cuipeua

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Al I ran this by the Mad Scientist and she is very excited about this product she said that the Carophyll Pink should really add nice color to Discus in a non threatening way. We will be ordering some of this product for a Test on our Discus. We are going to pick three tanks one will get normal FDBW one will get FDBW-bio pig. And the other will get FDBW-spinach. We are going to use a batch of Fire Reds which in my opinion is the hardest to maintain the red. I will post the results after a few months here.......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Josie,
    That sounds like a great idea... drop me a pm and maybe I can offer some additional advice (if wanted) to the "Mad Scientist" on the experimental design, optimum numbers, etc, and a good age group to work with..

Thanks,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Josie,
    That sounds like a great idea... drop me a pm and maybe I can offer some additional advice (if wanted) to the "Mad Scientist" on the experimental design, optimum numbers, etc, and a good age group to work with..

Thanks,
    al
    Ok cool I will let her know ...Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Order is in
    Thanks Al and Mal!
    Ardan

Registered Member

Al
    Would this be ok for red turqs and red ss?
    Jay

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast