AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Odd position

Registered Member

Default Odd position

Hello, I have a situation at hand and was hoping to get some feedback from some experienced folks. I dediced to change my 150gal tank into a discus tank a year ago. I bought 4 discus on craigslist just to see if i could keep them. And it turns out i could. 2 of the discus i got were not the healthiest to begin with. In time two of them got worse, so i separated them into a hospital tank. The remaining two got paired up in the 150gal tank and laid eggs. I have a planted tank and have hard water. I did not expect the eggs to hatch. But they did. I had 78 fry with their parents on one side of the tank. But I still have angelfish , gouramis, clown loaches etc in the tank. The plan was to grow out 6 juveniles i got from Kenny and add them to the 4 in the main tank after removing the community fish out. So what should I do with the fry? Do i seperate them from them parents? Will they be ok with the other fish for two weeks when they are free swimming and easy to feed? Thank you.

Default Odd position

If you really want to raise them they need to be separated. They can be raised once they are free swimming without any parents but its tons of work. Feeding regimet, wc's for babies is way more strict than even juries or sub adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk