AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Moon Dragon Flowerhorn Project. Just got about 600 wigglers from this pair.

Registered Member

Default Re: My Moon Dragon Flowerhorn Project. Just got about 600 wigglers from this pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Trier20 View Post
    If you shipped I might pick some of these up as I just started out with flowerhorns. They are fun fish for sure.
    If you're interested in a few months, i have some Mps RTxGT growing out. let me know if you're interested.

Registered Member

Default Re: My Moon Dragon Flowerhorn Project. Just got about 600 wigglers from this pair.

In those frys/juvies, i think what will make them better is thicker pearls and bigger kok. Most people aren't usually interested in FHs if the kok is little.
    Also not all faders fade right away, there will be some that are called late faders, and you probably culled most of the faders. ;/ They're the best.
    Last edited by alexthegreat; 08-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegreat View Post
    In those frys/juvies, i think what will make them better is thicker pearls and bigger kok. Most people aren't usually interested in FHs if the kok is little.
    Also not all faders fade right away, there will be some that are called late faders, and you probably culled most of the faders. ;/ They're the best.
    Some fry fade late, some early. I am not interested in faders as my source that is going to be buying from me will be buying nonfaded fish. Which is "better" is totally up to the eye of the beholder. I like non faders a lot better. Although my daughter has a red Moon Dragon that's going through the fading process right now.
    My buyer is a large distributor in the U.S and is not interested in head. Only color and pearls as is most Americans. The color and pearls will go to people who are just interested in color. Ones with larger head with color and pearls will go to the mainstream flowerhorn hobbiest. I already have sold several fry to our local hobbiest here and many already have big head. A big head is easy to get with flowerhorns. You just need numbers. Then you go through and pick out the few that are showing head trait. It's simple. And like I said, I have found just the contrary. Most Americans are interested more in color anyway. Not head. I'll post some pics of fry that are already developing head once they are bigger. These guys are only 2 inches. They are just babies, lol. Most fry with head gene don't get a big head till later. The ones that do get them earlier are either exceptions to the rule or they are hormone fed. The latter is usually the case. Cheers!
    Last edited by Bilbo; 08-03-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegreat View Post
    If you're interested in a few months, i have some Mps RTxGT growing out. let me know if you're interested.
    Please don't hijack my thread. The PM button is your friend, lol.
    Last edited by Bilbo; 08-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Here is one of our 2 and a half inch fry that is already showing head trait. Keep in mind that the sponge behind him is the smallest on the market. Tiny. This guys head should be really big a year from now. His color and pearls should also be intense. I'm sorry for the out of focus picture. My smart phone will only take a clear photo if I can catch them standing still for about 2 solid seconds and flowerhorns are always on the go, go, go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bilbo; 08-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Registered Member

Not to say anything, but i've seen better kok with a size of 2.5. But that is a good start. I've also seen frys like yours ending up with pretty nice kok at max size.
    Good luck, Would like to see how these guys turn out in months.

I have seen super quality fry with a nice head start at 1 inch. I have seen fry with no head but them at a year the head exploded. Flowerhorns are like people in that they develope at different stages individually. Heck, I didn't even hit puberty until I was in high school where as some of my friends hit it in the 7 th grade. The fh I have bred are very good quality as they have color, pearls and some of them, even head. At this small size it simply indicates that, as adults, they are going to be beastly.

Here are a few more fry pics. The yellow one is almost done with her molting process. She will maintain this intense yellow. In fact, it will intensify as she ages.

Here are a few more shots. All fry within the last 8 months but most only 3-4 months of age. The first pic is of our metallic green.

They look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    SANDY

Thank you!

Beautiful!
    Nothing will work unless you do. ~John Wooden
    Caleb

Registered Member dadecountyalan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
    Here are a few more fry pics. The yellow one is almost done with her molting process. She will maintain this intense yellow. In fact, it will intensify as she ages.
    the fish in the second pic looks awesome, i would even buy that fish from you

Registered Member dadecountyalan's Avatar

in fact can i?

Quote Originally Posted by dadecountyalan View Post
    in fact can i?
    I am very happy you like them but alas, everything I had for sell is already gone. I have many other flowerhorns as well but I am growing all of my youngsters out to choose breeders from them. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast