Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Southern California Discus Club

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bethany

Default Re: Southern California Discus Club

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Cover View Post
    Hi Bethany,
    There seems to be posts but no action save a meeting 3 or 4 years ago. Ricardo tried to get something going, started taking names and locations of those interested but AFAIK, nothing came of it.
    I'd like to know discus people as if I ever get past getting ready to get ready, I may actually get a discus tank and would love to live all the pitfalls vicariously rather that kill a bunch of discus on my learning curve.
    I'm in Mission Viejo.
    Spike
    Ha ha!! That's funny I am thinking about starting to cycle a tank for Discus. I have probably been doing research for about a year and even after that I found so much on this forum that I did not know. Do you happen to know of any fish stores near us that even carry Discus? I have been looking around but haven't found much of anything...
    Long time fish nerd... just getting started with Discus and I am starting to realize how little I know!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Spike Cover

Tong's Tropical Fish in Fountain Valley http://tongstropicalfish.net/ has the most I've seen and I think even The Reef in Anaheim has a few. Also, I think I saw some in DD Fish and Pets in Santa Ana.

But, I suspect you'd be better off buying from someone on this forum or, if you have the $s, from Kenny. He typically has killer fish for sale.

Spike
    No matter how hard you try,
    You can't beat fun!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bethany

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Cover View Post
    Tong's Tropical Fish in Fountain Valley http://tongstropicalfish.net/ has the most I've seen and I think even The Reef in Anaheim has a few. Also, I think I saw some in DD Fish and Pets in Santa Ana.

But, I suspect you'd be better off buying from someone on this forum or, if you have the $s, from Kenny. He typically has killer fish for sale.

Spike
    Holy crap! Kenny's fish are beautiful. I'd better start saving now!!!
    Long time fish nerd... just getting started with Discus and I am starting to realize how little I know!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Spike Cover

Quote Originally Posted by OCC Aquarium View Post
    Holy crap! Kenny's fish are beautiful. I'd better start saving now!!!
    Yes, that quality of fish will spoil you for the lesser stuff. Just be glad you haven't discovered Koi.
    No matter how hard you try,
    You can't beat fun!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mickie

Also check out Uncle Sam's Discus in Canoga Park. Their March inventory looks amazing.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Just wanted to say hello to all

Can't go wrong with Kenny or Uncle Sams

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mickie

Hey man! I see you post a lot of useful info here, I've been browsing like crazy (input, input!). Followed my own advice and went down to Uncle Sam's and picked up a Blue Turqouise/snakeskin looking cross and a Blue Cobra. They had a St. Patty's day sale and took an extra 25% off! The fish are both 4.5" or so and robust.

Quote Originally Posted by RuinerM3 View Post
    Hey man! I see you post a lot of useful info here, I've been browsing like crazy (input, input!). Followed my own advice and went down to Uncle Sam's and picked up a Blue Turqouise/snakeskin looking cross and a Blue Cobra. They had a St. Patty's day sale and took an extra 25% off! The fish are both 4.5" or so and robust.
    I got those two as well from Uncle Sam's. My Tiger Turquoise's stress bars disappeared, but my Blue Cobra's bars are very prominent. Do you have a picture of yours?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mickie

discus.jpg
    bluecobra.jpg
    Same. My blue cobra is the biggest fish in the tank. But he gets the brunt of it all from the other larger ones.
    Last edited by RuinerM3; 04-02-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Registered Member

Hey guys! Looking to re-home this beauty, local pickup only in Los Angeles. Bought from Uncle Sams, 7 inches, healthy! Bought her for a buck twenty will let her go to a good home for $60.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213