ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 14gal Nano Reef Build

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: 14gal Nano Reef Build

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    I was doing two part and MG, then I did a little Kalk to keep my pH up a bit to hinder algae growth. Didn't do it long enough to really get a preference for either but kalk is so much cheaper.
    Not sure if you remember the 400g tank I photographed? Well he doses kalk only. However, the more I research kalk, the more I fear overdosing. Did you have it set up with an ATO or stand alone?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Yeah it's a fear. I was stand alone dripping it with my Apex controlling on/off at certain pH levels. Seemed to work pretty good. Seems most people I read using it not in a dedicated reactor are using it in ATO.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Yeah it's a fear. I was stand alone dripping it with my Apex controlling on/off at certain pH levels. Seemed to work pretty good. Seems most people I read using it not in a dedicated reactor are using it in ATO.
    I have read the same.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Update. Still chock full of algae, really just been on cruise control for a while. Kind of been neglected to an extent....still surprised at how well this tank is doing for my shoddy maintenance/care. Here are some quick bad photos of a filthy tank!

This tank is roughly right at 3 years old now, though I did have one crash a year in but ran the tank through it, so 3 total but 2 as it stands now.

fts Dec 2016 by Matt, on Flickr
    fts Dec 2016 by Matt, on Flickr
    Needles in a Haystack by Matt, on Flickr
    Warfare by Matt, on Flickr
    Cali Tort by Matt, on Flickr
    Green Slimer by Matt, on Flickr

Be sure to check out the two little new growth sprouts on the left side, pretty cool.
    Coral Tops by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice Matt. Looking really nice.

Cafepress.com

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617