AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Has anyone heard of Elite Discus? elitediscus.com......

Registered Member

Default Has anyone heard of Elite Discus? elitediscus.com......

I came across the elitediscus.com website and they seem to have a good selection but I have never heard of them. Has anyone had any experience with this company?

Default Re: Has anyone heard of Elite Discus? elitediscus.com......

I see that they've stolen pictures from at least three different breeders/hatcheries. I highly doubt they are importing/reselling for all three of those hatcheries, so already that makes me question how ethical they are. At the very least, a fish seller (whether discus or otherwise) should be able to snap their own pictures of their own stock. It's 2013 -- nearly every phone is a camera, and if it's not, a decent digital camera only costs you about $100. There's no excuse for that and it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Registered Member

Thank you, I am fairly new to the discus hobby and love these beautiful creatures. I want to support those that do as well. It is so good to have a place to go to and get great advice!

I agree. Those are just pics of strings. Not the actual fish you will receive. A good supplier will send you pics of the actual fish they have in their tanks. Some are lousy representations also.
    Go to sponsors and see reviews of other members and how happy thry are and pics of what they received from different sponsors.