AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Simer Transfer Pump

Default Simer Transfer Pump

Grabed this the other day at Menards.m_88 002.jpgI wanted something to help speed up draining my breeders,and cut down on wasted ater with using a python.m_88 001.jpgIts alittle noisy,but that seems to go with the territory,heard the Wayne pc2 was also noisy.Sounds like a hair dryer on low,gets quiter when it has water going thru.I wanted a self priming,and it is.Comes with a 6ft piece of hose,and after using it for about 5 days,going to need a re-inforced one,the one provided wants to collapse.I clean the bottoms of the tanks with the python,and then go back and drain with the pump,and then I thought,why not combine.Works like a dream.m_88 009.jpgCord could be longer,only 6ft.I run my python hose's along the ceiling to keep them out of the way,m_88 005.jpgand its about a 7 1/2 ft rise for the pump.So far not a problem.m_88 008.jpgPart of the self priming that allows it to draw in water,also push it out,I watched it today,so when I shut off the pump,not a lot,hardly any water back flows out.So far pleased with it,and the main reason I got it to cut down on time of wc's,and wasted water seems to be what I wanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Default Re: Simer Transfer Pump

Good explanation of how it works - I ordered my wayne PC2 and maped out my drain line location yesterday
    Thanks for the info and pics
    Bud

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

It is a nice little siphon pump. This is what I started with. One thing to watch is there is one part in it that is made of plastic and it wears out around 6 to 8 months. It only costs around $5 to replace. So that might be something to keep on hand.
    Tara Bennett
    Phone: 815-876-0516

Thanks Tara.What part,the impeller?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    Thanks Tara.What part,the impeller?
    Yes, I think it is the impeller.
    Tara Bennett
    Phone: 815-876-0516

Real Name
    Rick

Yup, the impeller. Best to call Simer direct and get a few replacements to have on hand (it's actually rubber). IMO the PC4 is a much better pump and 3x faster, but I have owned 6 of these pc2's in the past.

Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My understanding is the PC4 isnt self priming,and Im going from tank to tank in one shot.Correct me if Im wrong,Rick,Im all about speeding up wc's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

The PC4 is self priming and much faster than the little pumps. Most of the transfer pumps are self priming, they have the flexible rubber impellers that allow for the self priming and minimal siphoning back when the pump is turned off. My one complaint (before my pc2 blew up) was that is was SSSLLOOOWWW to empty anything larger than a 20 gallon. My next pump will be a PC4.

Real Name
    Bud Smith

After reading alot of reviews on the PC2 they do tend to be a little slow. I want to drain four tanks at one time so I will now do more research on the PC4
    Bud

I've been using the same pump for about 3 months, but i use it to pump water from my aging barrel to the tank. It is very noisy, however, it will put 44gallons into a tank in about 5-7mins.