AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many lemons on the lemon tree

Registered Member

Default Re: Too many lemons on the lemon tree

In my dealings with 5-7" flowerhorns being shipped to me prior to my fascination with discus..ie bigger fish. You can wrap duct tape where your water level is and that helps with possible punctures from the anal and dorsal fins.
    Eric

I use duct tape on regular plastic bags that I'm filling with oxygen, but you can't use that on breather bags because it will prevent the bag from breathing. This is why I only use the breather bags for small fish who are less likely to puncture the bags.

Registered Member

Speaking from experience on behalf of USPS...(21+ year "veteran"...)

If youship Express Mail from the Post Office, there are many places that are 2nd day delivery and not overnight. If the recipient lives in a major market (i.e. Chicago, NY, Dallas, etc...) more than likely it will be overnight. If, by chance you live in a smaller market, as I do (NW Arkansas) then youwill receive your Express Mail on the 2nd day.

Most discus and other fish shippers I know will need to use FedEx or another service to get to me (specifically) overnight.

Now, having said that, IF you indeed go with Express Mail shipping, there is a "Flat Rate Box" for Express Mail that will ship for $39.99 no matter how much it weighs as long as you're not shipping outside the USA.

As for your lemon problem? If you have the space and time, I would set up a tank for either Jack Dempseys or Oscars...lol (jk)

Actually, I think I would go the LFS route myself. There's always something I need, such as frozen food, scrapers, filter sponges, etc., and the credit given to me by my local shop is relatively generous for things they don't usually get a lot of, such as apistos or lemons. Right now, they are in need of rams, and they're offering a premium.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12