AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My way to have some live plants in a discus tank.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: My way to have some live plants in a discus tank.

Here is a pic of the fertilizer sticks I use, the Miracle Gro ones. I just got some Jobe's food sticks, a different formulation, and will be alternating them in the sand in the dishes with Swordplants. I add more every 3 months. Wal Mart, Lowes, Homedepot, all sell these in the garden dept.
    Barb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I went and picked up some clay flowerpots and MiracleGro sticks from Lowe's yesterday. I decided I'd try a couple of these in my krib tank as a test run. The problem is that no one at Pet Supermarket wanted to wait on me (I stood in the aquarium section by the plants for 30 minutes and no one came over, so I went to the checkout to ask for assistance and no one was there either ) and all Petsmart had were tiny (3" tall) swords. So now I have these teeny tiny swords planted in a huge pot. lol. I'm not adding extra lighting so let's hope I don't kill them!

I also decided I'd try some java fern tied to driftwood in my Dicrossus foirni tank. When I woke up this morning they'd pulled it out of the fishing line I tied it on with and it was floating all over the place.

Good luck with it all Ryan, takes patience. I don't know what the Dicrossus are. Other name for them?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Those are really beautiful little fish Ryan. What colors! Thanks for the link, I missed it when you first posted.
    Barb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12