AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piwows on Eggs

Default Re: Piwows on Eggs

I believe the one I got is a male... time will tell... But I'll be getting a female to add to the mix and see what happens... Having two female is a good thing...

Typing one handed since i had hand surgery this morning so this will be short but just had to post. The first two Piwos did turn out to be females. I had Josie send me two more 6" Piwo red turqs from her April shipment. One of the two became a proven female about a month ago so the score was 3 female and one unknown. The weather has started changing here and my fishroom went nuts two day ago with a lot of egg laying. I now have 3 new confirmed pairs and one of them is the Piwo pair!!! I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if the eggs were fertile. Anesthesia is wearing off so I went down to the fish room and found wigglers. This is a pic of the pair taken about 3 weeks ago.

Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

I'm a grandma oh that's such good news. You take such great care of your discus Larry I can't wait to see some fry......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    Typing one handed since i had hand surgery this morning so this will be short but just had to post. The first two Piwos did turn out to be females. I had Josie send me two more 6" Piwo red turqs from her April shipment. One of the two became a proven female about a month ago so the score was 3 female and one unknown. The weather has started changing here and my fishroom went nuts two day ago with a lot of egg laying. I now have 3 new confirmed pairs and one of them is the Piwo pair!!! I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if the eggs were fertile. Anesthesia is wearing off so I went down to the fish room and found wigglers. This is a pic of the pair taken about 3 weeks ago.

Why is it that you get all female and I get males only... Let's start trading Contraz on the new confirmed pair...

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

That is great Larry, congrats.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Nice pair,hope you get some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12