ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking for discus in Alabama, GA or TN

Registered Member

Default Looking for discus in Alabama, GA or TN

Hi folks, i'm new to the forum and just started a new 110+ gallon tank. Anyone know where i can find some discus nearby huntsville AL, GA or TN. I've been buying disucs from a LFS but all i get is PB and cobalt. Bought some from "somethingsphisy" but none survived.

Default Re: Looking for discus in Alabama, GA or TN

Any reason you do not want to buy from a sponsor? Do you want to grow out or are you looking for adult discus. Kenny's Discus, CODiscus, New Jersey Discus just put up their new shipments. Inland Empire Discus Discus has fry, Carolina Discus has young pairs and juvies I believe. Discus Hans has everything...lol You really cannot go wrong with the sponsors here.

Mishka
    Last edited by chaoslite; 02-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Real Name
    David

Welcome to Simply, Trinid!

The closest LFS to you that I know of that carries halfway decent discus would be Aquatic Critter in Nashville. They usually stock a mix of discus from Hans (a sponsor here) & from Rocky Mountain Discus. However, the quality difference between buying from them versus buying directly from a sponsor is significant.

If you are interested in growing out, I think there are some Georgia breeders on here too.

Good luck in your search.
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

What size Discus are you looking for?
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

I'm looking for anything between 3 to 5."

Registered Member

Thanks for the info Taza. i had a bad experience orderinf online so i would rather see them first. I recently emailed Al at rocktmountain but i'm still concerned abit.

Registered Member

Thanks for responding. i had a bad experience ordering online so i wanted a chance to actually see what i'm buying. I was in NJ a few months ago and wish i had known of NJ discus then. I'm liking this forum already. it's my first time joing any forum!

Quote Originally Posted by TRINID View Post
    Thanks for responding. i had a bad experience ordering online so i wanted a chance to actually see what i'm buying. I was in NJ a few months ago and wish i had known of NJ discus then. I'm liking this forum already. it's my first time joing any forum!
    You don't have 10 post yet so no email or PM rights. Send me a email.
    lbugg@comcast.net
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

You have Larry n chad in Atlanta
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Trinid, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with online purchasing. If you do a quick search for 'somethingphishy' on the forum, you'll find alot of bad experiences from the him.
    Do take your time browsing the market place here, you will find alot of good folks here that sell high quality discus. Most if not all of them will be able to provide you pictures or videos of the actual fish that you are purchasing. Of course, nothing beats seeing the fish in person.

Quote Originally Posted by TRINID View Post
    Thanks for the info Taza. i had a bad experience orderinf online so i would rather see them first. I recently emailed Al at rocktmountain but i'm still concerned abit.
    I have bought fish from Al at Rocky Mountain Discus a few times. He has some really nice fish I was very happy with what I got from him. But of course I live 2 hours from him so I went and picked mine out in person.
    My wife names my fish

Real Name
    Discus Hans

sorry to hear you had a bad experience with buying online, but also must say if you would have done a little more research, you could have know that something stinky fishy is not one of the best to go to, hmmmm maybe must say the worse to go to. Got something for you: http://discusfishstore.com/catalog/reviews.php just read a few and go from there.

Now I hear you thinking, yeah sure you just take out the bad or lesser ones, believe me I wouldn't even know how to do it lol lol my webmaster (member on this forum) can testify for this, I CAN'T even change anything in my own store and drive him nuts lol lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Hey Han's. 'Stinky Fishy' does the same on his websites except that he filters all the reviews. IMHO, going by reviews on the sellers own website would generally not be best practice. It would be much better just to link simplydiscus reviews thread or just to direct him to the complaint boards site (not even sure if there are BBB sites for these sellers)