AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P.

Default Re: R.I.P.

Deepest condolences to you and your friends family. My father made me very aware of the military at a young age as he served in the pacific for over 4 years during WW II and worked with wounded vets until his death at 91. I pray all the hero's rest in peace, your courage is amazing and inspiring.
    Mark

Registered Member

I feel your pain Chad. I became friends with Chris back when we were in high school. We spent a lot of time together back then, hanging out together almost every day. Lots of good memories. Didn't see him for a while when he joined the Navy until he first got stationed in San Diego. Me and our friend Jared would drive from Phoenix to San Diego about every other weekend to visit. Unfortunately that didn't last forever and I started to see Chris less and less.

Last time I saw him was the summer of 2011 while he was visiting back home. We got to hang out and had a great time just like we always did. Got to catch up on each other lives and reminisce about all the crazy things we would do. I didn't get the chance to see him the last time he came home because it was just a quick trip to visit his mom before he deployed. Last thing he said to me was "Coming home parties are always more fun." Like you, I never though that was going to be my last interaction with him. Every time I think about that, I crushes me to know that will never happen.

He was one of the best friends a person could have. He is leaving us all way too soon. He'll never be forgotten.

Real Name
    Ralph

I really am terribly sorry to you hear Chad you lost a friend and great hero to us all.
    My family and i would like to send our dearest condolences to the family of Christian Pike

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Default R.I.P.

Thanks all! I'm really surprised that we have common friendships and distant cousins with us here on the forum. It's amazing how small the world is sometimes.

Chris was taken off life support and flown to Dover AFB. Dover Delaware is my birthplace ironically enough. There, he'll receive military honors and then be flown to Phoenix, AZ for his final farewell.

Thank you all again for your comments, kind words, cries of anger, love and support for Chris, his family and friends.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

thanks for the update on Christian. He certainly deserves military honors. it is a small world. its nice to hear my cousin was a great guy. i plan on learning more about him in the near future. blessings, anja

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Hughes View Post
    Thanks all! I'm really surprised that we have common friendships and distant cousins with us here on the forum. It's amazing how small the world is sometimes.

Chris was taken off life support and flown to Dover AFB. Dover Delaware is my birthplace ironically enough. There, he'll receive military honors and then be flown to Phoenix, AZ for his final farewell.

Thank you all again for your comments, kind words, cries of anger, love and support for Chris, his family and friends.
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 03-13-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

May peace be with you and Chris' family.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Another bit of information about the kind of man Chris was...

This message is from a Bull Dog breeder (Leopard Legends Catahoula-bulldogs) that Chris contacted while in Afghanistan.

"A young soldier, Chris Pike, contacted me a few weeks ago (from Afghanistan) because he was going to return home soon and wanted a puppy for him and his sweet girlfriend, Morgan,to raise together when he finally got to come home! He quickly sent me the contract and deposit and has written me, with excitement, about his future little baby. I found out today that Chris passed away in Afghanistan, DEFENDING US AND OUR COUNTRY! I want him and his family to know that I am extremely grateful for his courage and for literally giving his life for my family and for all other Americans. He even graciously donated all of his organs to people in need, something he felt very strongly about. Chris is now a beautiful angel that I'm sure is watching over other soldiers that are also putting their lives on the line. Everyone please take a moment to say a prayer of healing for his family and please hug your own family a little tighter tonight."

The litter of puppies that Chris was purchasing from has been themed "Fallen Heros" and the pick of the litter will be named Chris Pike.

Morgan and Chris.jpg
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You hear about these soldiers dying every day for our country but until you see a picture of them or hear there stories it doesn't really sink in these guys are for real. They have real familys, real wifes, real friends it is not just a number anymore on a death chart it is a real human. Thanks for sharing Chad
    My wife names my fish

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Chicago Police and Fire Department Bagpipes "Going Home". For you Chris......Josie

Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thank you for posting this Josie, made me cry.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Thank you for posting this Josie, made me cry.
    Barb
    I know it makes me cry to its how we honor our heroes in Chicago .......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Default R.I.P.

Thanks for posting Josie!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Well done Joise. A true hero's tribute.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default R.I.P.

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 03-14-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Include the video...respectfully
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

You guys are making me cry...TAPS does it every time.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast