AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: HELP!!!! ASAP.. Discus DYING/ new tank... how to fix this

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default Re: HELP!!!! ASAP.. Discus DYING/ new tank... how to fix this

So long as he is eating well, poop is normal and he isn't showing any symptoms, it should be safe to put him back into the main tank.

And I'm just gonna say it one more time... thank you so much for removing your aggressive fish! I know you hated to do it, but it's going to make life much easier while these discus are growing out. =)
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    And I'm just gonna say it one more time... thank you so much for removing your aggressive fish! I know you hated to do it, but it's going to make life much easier while these discus are growing out. =)

"lol" your welcome, we got 75.00 in credit for them, so it wasnt all bad. And since we are focusing more on our discus now, we want them to be the happiest. So, I suppose its time to go onto new threads as suggested for other things. So, long as nothing else goes crashing down. lol.

THANKS EVERYONE.. ... I have learned a lot, havent lost as many fish since I found this site and have been able to make my fish much happier. I will continue with all the advice given to me and see if I can raise a few fry. I know how hard it is, but If they are going to mate then I should at least give them the chance to live.

Registered Member

UUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

AGAIN!!!!! Okay, Now 3 of my discus are sick with the white stringy poo... The two we paired off, now he has it in the 40 gallon... Willie got it back agian. I guess after showing all the signs he was good, eating good poop good.... he somehow either didnt get it all out or got infected again..... another one in our 90 is sick too....

I have three different kinds of meds now to try and treat, BUT WHICH ONE TO USE NOW.. .AND HOW much....

I have Metro.. which i have been using as Toni suggested....
    I have Pazi Pro....
    I have the Fish Bendazole (Fenbendazole powder) all bought from Ken's Fish......

If they are not eating how do i use the Bendazole??

our Male PB, Rudy... is swollen. his belly is really big..???? is that a sign of a specific worm???? one in the other tank is as well.. but Willie is not....

My plan of action..???? I am taking all our neons out.... those not good with high temps....put back in the pair so can treat all sick at once... going to raise temp on the 90 to 90..... treat twice a day...... but with what?? ??? and then should I do all three treatments one after the other?????
    Or I think it probably will be better to put them in the 40 and treat that...?????

okay.. can clown loaches, and kullie loaches withstand 90 degrees??? can balloon rams??? cory cats???

We have decided that our fish are just getting to much for us to keep this up.... we are going to do the best we can for the ones we have and not get any more, and just keep simple fish... lol..... we will try to keep these one going or sell them in a while to someone...
    Last edited by sunshine; 06-05-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Registered Member

I guess I have wore out my welcome. lol

S

What's wrong with ur fish?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by PP_GBR View Post
    S

What's wrong with ur fish?
    I posted it above my last two spots... The same stuff, white thick stringy poop, not eating, now swollen bellies. I put all 6 of them the 40 galloon to be treated, raised temp to 90 was treating with Metro, went out of town to Cancun, had housesitter treat, (so i think they did) with Metro twice a day 1/4 spoon to every 20gallons. I had my one get better, so I thought, treated him like Toni said, after the 10 days was eating ,pooping good... after a day of that put him back in 90.... well he got sick again.... so decided to treat them all...

Now my questions is, what med's should use.. I have three different types of wormer..... the METRO, the Pazi Pro, Bendazole (Fenbendazole powder) ..... Should I just stick with the METRO and treat twice liek I am..... oh and Epsom salt... I was doing 1 tsp for each 10 gallons... should I use more????

I always use metro for white feces. Bendazole is only used with feeds. Finish the metro treatment first then go from there. Good luck with the treatment. Enjoy your vacation. Do not let them (discus) spoil your fun.
    Last edited by PP_GBR; 06-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.

dont worry, the white stringy poop is a common problem, and most fish will recover from it. some fishes also get recurring problem, some actually strong enough to eventually be immune. it's important to treat metro for 1 week so the whole tank is treated.

make sure you are not overfeeding, this is usually theain cause.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819