ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravel VS Sand what is better

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default Re: Gravel VS Sand what is better

The tank looks great, and now that you've sorted out the water change issues your discus are going to thrive in there!

With the nice white sand you might see the pigeons getting less peppered as time goes on. Mine pepper up only when they're stressed now that they have white sand to play in. =)

I know I mentioned it before, but I'm gonna say it again. You have some really nice discus in that tank!

How is their feeding schedule? Were you able to buy some high protein foods for them?
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

The sand looks really nice. Do I see a blurry Laetacara lurking around in there?

strawberryblonde i have moved my feeding schedule up to 3-4 times a day now i was able to buy high protein food but the discuse dont seem to want to eat it. Is there any thing i can do to make them eat. Rayn yes that is Laetacara i have been looking for two more to add to my tank

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

They'll learn to eat it eventually.

See the problem with bloodworms is that they are like candy to a baby. They taste great and have very little nutrition. Discus get addicted to them and then refuse other foods.

Sooooo, you have to be the tough parent and refuse to give in on the bloodworms. Just throw them away and don't buy more. Your fish will learn to eat the new stuff once they get good and hungry. =)

When I was teaching my discus to eat a new food, I made sure to serve it first thing in the morning, about an hour after I turned their light on. By then they were really hungry, so there was a better chance of them accepting it.

Mine learned to eat new types of flake foods, freeze dried black worms and frozen seafood mix. It took them a few days for each, so just be patient and yours will learn too.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12