AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater

Default Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater

I attended the NEC convention in CT last weekend, took advantage of a convention special and ordered the new 200 watt Neo-Therm heater. The higher wattage heater is a new release, that I have been interested in/waiting for. I just set one up and even though time will tell, I am impressed so far. It was very easy to set- it tells you the current tank temperature and the set temperature. Even the suction cups for the heater holder are easier to use. Without the special convention deal I would find the $ prohibitive though. Unless something goes wrong I am very happy that I was able to get these. I have many Eheim Jagers which work fine, but I find the calibration of them ridiculous and frustrating. Cobalt has an interesting new filter coming out this summer as well.
    Joan

Registered Member

Default Re: Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater

Ok I have had the neo therms for 40 days now and I love em!! I have 2 - 200 watt in a 75 gallon. Accuracy is dead on and love the fact that it also tells you the temp of the water. Will update in another 30 days.

I don't like them they weren't accurate I tried 3 of them. They seem to be built very well good quality and easy to set up. I do like how they give you your current temperature. I was impressed at first but I think I will stick to the eheim.
    Last edited by Vieira; 05-30-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Richard

Registered Member

Thats odd as mine are dead on but time will tell. I also like the fact that it has an alarm if the temp goes over your selected temp due to outside temps from the room or lights etc

Mine are still doing great as well.
    Joan

Registered Member

Update-- I have had these heaters for 4 months now---THEY ARE THE ONLY HEATER TO OWN!