. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Hello. One of my wild caught discus is floating sideways on the top of the aquarium. This started 7-8 hours ago..

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

Floating sideways, everything else seems "normal" (considering whats happning to it...)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

60/70% water change

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

8 wild caught discus 6-7 inches, 142 galloon tank. The age of the fish i'm not sure of. I know it's been minimum 6 months since they got shipped to the lfs, probably a bit longer too.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

40-50% wc every second to third day. Tank been running about one month. I bought the fish and the filter from the same guy. So the filter they got now is the same filter and the same bacteria they was swimming around in before they moved here. I'm using fine gravel, not ageing water.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __28-29___

- ph ____6.5_

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __the test flask is empty..__

- nitrate reading _0___

- well water __ no__

- municipal water __yes__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

One gibbiceps, but he already lived in one of my other tanks and never took any interest in discus before (and the discus never seemed to care about him either).

Thanks guys, i would be grateful for any help on this.. One of my biggest and nicest discus..