ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New LED from Build My LED - review with pics

Registered Member

Default Re: My New LED from Build My LED - review with pics

Quote Originally Posted by -gb- View Post
    BuildMeLED was selling them for $15 but I didn't get one. In retrospect I wish I did. I guess I'll just have to buy that new Neptune Systems Apex AquaController I've had my eye on. Need more money, more fish gear and more fish
    You'll see big cost savings in electricity too. You will probably like the look of the tank with your fixture dimmed down to 50-60% or less and end up running the lights on something ridiculously low like 30watts.

If your current fixture is powered by a MeanWell power supply with the blue/white power leads you can go down to Radio Shack and pick up an 120V a/c to multi volt d/c power converter. Will give you the option of 1.5, 3, 7, 9 ect. volts. Each setting under 10V max will give you a different brightness
    Last edited by rbarn; 04-30-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    800hp Mustang, V-tail Bonanza, Fly Fishing, Golf, Discus
    Got too many damn hobbies. .............

Default Re: My New LED from Build My LED - review with pics

Hello rbarn,

I agree that I'm going to need to turn down the lights. My fish are looking for places to hide. I'm sure they will become accustomed to the new light but for now they are scared of the new bright sun that mysteriously appeared in their world.

I ended up ordering a dimmer from BuildMyLED last night. Hopefully it will be here next week.
    - don't eat my fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12