ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got ripped off

Default Re: Got ripped off

If you not get the results you are looking for from Rainforest, you can also file a report with the Better Business Bureau.

I hope this gets resolved. Based on the picture, they are still at the juvie stage or just some sad looking runts.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Registered Member

See if you can post a picture of the whole fish in your aquarium with eyeball shots. I think the experts here can tell you more if they are runts. Hopefully they are just juvies.

Registered Member

...as a member of S.D. i hope you get your money or some consideration back. But, honestly I have to say the op shares some responsibility. He ordered fish from a breeder he's never done business without asking their size? (I ask Kenny for pics and sizes for fish I know will be great!) He was charged a slightly high price for 3- 3.5 discus but nothing outrageous. He hasn't attempted to breed them and verified they aren't breeders.
    Not trying to add salt to an open wound but a reality check could be in order. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by barkmanusd View Post
    ...as a member of S.D. i hope you get your money or some consideration back. But, honestly I have to say the op shares some responsibility. He ordered fish from a breeder he's never done business without asking their size? (I ask Kenny for pics and sizes for fish I know will be great!) He was charged a slightly high price for 3- 3.5 discus but nothing outrageous. He hasn't attempted to breed them and verified they aren't breeders.
    Not trying to add salt to an open wound but a reality check could be in order. Good luck!
    While it is a good idea to do homework before purchasing from anyone, I don't think much of the responsibility in this case fall on the OP. He didn't even get the type of discus he ordered. Unfortunately, through the lack of experience new people have in ordering fish from breeders/retailers, businesses like RFI continue to do business even though there is a wealth of information out there that would dissuade anyone from doping business from them. Regardless of any of that though, he didn't get what he was promised and what he did get was poor quality and it is reasonable for him to expect compensation.

Len

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len_S View Post
    While it is a good idea to do homework before purchasing from anyone, I don't think much of the responsibility in this case fall on the OP. He didn't even get the type of discus he ordered. Unfortunately, through the lack of experience new people have in ordering fish from breeders/retailers, businesses like RFI continue to do business even though there is a wealth of information out there that would dissuade anyone from doping business from them. Regardless of any of that though, he didn't get what he was promised and what he did get was poor quality and it is reasonable for him to expect compensation.
    Absolutely right on not getting the variety of discus he requested. I had forgotten that.
    I was offering my opinion as a general buyer of ..well anything actually. Caveat emptor!
    I used to sell electronics on EBAY and got really frustrated when some buyers weren't familiar enough with a technology they ordered and felt 'ripped off' thru no fault of minne. Like SD vendors I learned the larger picture is to make even those unfair situations 'right'.
    i guess SD offers a way for novice discus buyers to purchase w/out all the info. Hopefully, the OP simply takes this route next time. Thanks!

Registered Member

I wil

Registered Member

Default Got ripped off 2

Well this is the best I can di for a photo of the 3" Marlboro Red?

Registered Member

Ok I posted a good picture. Its under got ripped off 2

Registered Member

I posted a new pic its under got ripped off 2

Registered Member

Well about the size, I bought breeders so the fish should be 5" - 6" Who heard of 3" breeders? And pictures if you don't have anything in the tank for scale what do you go by? The pic he sent was a close up. Jeff

I would say they are breeding as they are hormoned which makes the start laying at thst size.
    We all had that happen when all thr first leopards came to USA. They were hormoned and laying like crazy at 3.5 inches

Default Re: Got ripped off 2

Yep I wouldn't call that a breeder! It's a juvenile you better hope! Do lots of wcs and hope they grow.
    One way to tell if an older discus is their two long fins should've long. Not short.

I just can't understand how RFI has not been taken out of business by now. So sorry you are going through this, but that discus IMO is definitely not a breeder.
    Jorge Q

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Better Business Bureau, please don't let me laugh. Ever seen all complaints about something stinky fishy???? And they are still in business.

You know, I can't understand people like this can sleep at night,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member
    Real Name
    PHUONG OR JOSH

Actually I am not surprised. People now a day do whatever it take to get their money. We're just have to becareful in what we do or buy.
    Josh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast