ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Car Dealer rant

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Car Dealer rant

Close to 4. In hindsight I would of done less to get a smoother finish. 3+ coats and you start to get texture.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Sheila

Matt,
    We just bought a new Honda at a very good price. My husband father had multiple car dealerships. I think he knows the ropes. He did something that amazed me when it worked so well.
    What he did was get the name and email address of the manager of each Honda dealership in our area. Then he sent an email to each one saying that he was ready to buy a car today and would buy from whoever responded with the car he wanted, equipped the way he specified at the price he was willing to pay. He got an email from the manager of the dealership that was nearest where we lived saying he would sell to us at that price. We went in and closed the deal. You might try it. It was fun!

Real Name
    David

Sheila, Matt took possession of the car he wanted last June.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Back from the dealership. Dealer trade is approved, gave me what I wanted for my trade and knocked some more off the out the door price (as well as added the $500 military rebate). Dealer ate the cost of picking the car up and all doc fees. Finalizing everything as soon as the car hits the lot....currently its sitting in a rail yard in SC, so close! Got a good financing rate and will be cutting them a check when I pick the car up. Ended up getting about 6.4k total off of MSRP, about 5k off invoice. I'm happy. Went ahead and gave them my trade to lock in that price, they gave me a Challenger loaner in Redline pearl!

Its almost over! All the hard stuff is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Crappy Iphone photo in the shade, I'll take better pics soon.
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789