ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Dealer rant

Default Re: Car Dealer rant

haha, John not directed at you my friend, being in this hobby I need to sell alot of cars!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    LOL...Never called you a snake in the grass....After my last post I thought we would be good.

For the record I have bought 4 houses so far. Not sure how many cars/trucks. My fish are a hobby so I don't do a lot of price adjustments unless some one want to buy them in quantity. You need a couple hundred blue diamonds? If so I will cut you a deal...

-john
    [I]You can't get lost if you don't know where your going...................

you are 100% correct, of course with Hyundai's no need for an extended warranty..lol I would not buy any service or extended warranties..
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLoverJeff View Post
    This is very true.

Also, if you purchase an extended warranty the dealer can make a bundle on that if you do not negotiate that down. For instance, most extended warranties on an average car should only cost $500.00 to $900.00 but they charge $1800.00.

I think there is just a lot of people that will walk right up and pay the sticker price and if the got free oil change they got a good deal it blows my mind.
    Richard

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Just the standard R/T, no plus or classic (unless they fall in R/T price range lol). Looking for one with super track pack, anti spin axle, and sunroof as the must have options. Preferably in Granite but not to picky about color as I love the car.....would prefer to stay away from black though. Pain to keep up black cars and the majority of challenger owners have black lol.
    Ahh... nice!

I was initially looking at an R/T Classic, but since it was going to be my daily driver, I opted for an SXT Plus with the Super Sport package & sunroof in Blackberry Pearl. If I were buying now, I'd want the Jazz Blue.
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

This thread brought back a memory for me: in 1995 my husband and I wanted to buy a new vehicle and pay cash. He was working so I went by myself to the dealership, we knew exactly what we wanted. I walked in, looked around the showroom, hoped one of the salespeople would offer help and none did. They ignored me. Finally the only saleslady in there saw me and offered help. About one hr. later, she had a nice commission from my purchase, I had the new SUV and the salesmen stood there with dumb expressions on their faces. Good luck Matt!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Matt

I originally looked at SXT plus, can't knock on the car, drove excellent and has power....but I feel like if I didn't get the R/T I'd end up regretting it so I crunched some numbers picked up some extra hours and decided to go for the R/T! lol

I'm so torn on the Jazz blue....one minute its my absolute favorite color then I see another picture or see it in person in different light and want nothing to do with it. I would of LOVED to have Blue Streak Pearl, missed the boat on that by about a year.
    -Matt

Registered Member

I just want to know how you all are buying new cars and keeping discus? Jeff

Real Name
    Matt

Against my instincts Jeff I've cut back on my number of tanks and fish. More so because of working more and less time for water changes. Tara is about to tempt me with her new shipment though, and Hans is tempting me with that giveaway.

And a little deployment money stashed away for a few years thanks to you good tax paying folks...
    -Matt

Matt I wish you all the luck in the world. Im very familiar with salesman making multiple trips to their manager which is always followed by a counter offer. Whats supposed to be an enjoyable experience going to get your new car turns out to be a day long stressful experience which doesnt guarantee your going to leave with a car. What I can say is that four weeks ago I went out to purchased a new Cadillac with all the expectations of it being a very long day. Just like you Matt I did my homework and went in with all the numbers. To my surprise I was treated like royalty and sealed the deal within 1 hour. Keep your head up Matt because it is possible.

Bob
    BOB BALOGH - SOS CREW NJ
    NADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Real Name
    Merry

Quote Originally Posted by zimmjeff View Post
    I just want to know how you all are buying new cars and keeping discus? Jeff
    With regards to ours, we bought the car before we started keeping discus.

Ahhhh............Challenger!! I got a wicked deal on my RT Classic. Not the big boy but she will sit you back in your seat! I'm in the process of doing a couple mods which will bump up the HP. I could not buy local as my dealerships suck. All my dealings were done by email and only 2 phone calls. 700 KM's away and I had the car in my driveway in 2 days. The dealer I dealt with DID deal and was a pleasure! I will be going back to the same place for my new Ram.

Real Name
    Matt

Nice classic Darcy!

Edit: I should update to say I'm in a slight holding pattern atm. Rebates/incentives JUST expired so ill be waiting to see if they come back or what they come back as. Also just got 2014 info but again, waiting on the rebates to make any decision. Hope they don't take to long to announce it....for that I don't blame salesmen, I blame the corporate office.
    Last edited by Discus-n00b; 06-04-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    -Matt

Clark Howard gives EXCELLENT ADVICE in buying a car.. NEW or NEWused.. <--- he says this is best method
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

I believe they don't have the rebates/incentives til April/springtime.....................in Canada anyways. Mine is a 2012 and they were more then happy to deal. Pretty sure it was to make room for the 2013's. You won't regret it..... that much I do know. After my resonator delete today it's off to the tire shop to pick up some used 20's that I can burn off!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast