AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Aquarium Balls/Cycling fishless

Registered Member

Default Pure Aquarium Balls/Cycling fishless

I'm the new poster child for these bacteria balls!!!!! These things are amazing and I think they should be kept on hand at all times!!!. I compared Dr. Tim's one and only with these balls. I started with two new tanks. Dr. Tim's one and only took me 5 weeks to cycle. Pure balls took me 6 days! If you are having spikes throw some of these balls in your filter or tank and your problems are over! On the Dr. Tim tank I had a "new tank bloom" I threw the balls in and next morning tank was crystal clear and water parameters were perfect.. I'm sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bill!! You can get these from sponser at inlandempirediscus. If you are cycling new tank doing fishless cycle don't forget to add ammonia which I did buy from Dr. Tim's-lol. I think this product is the biggest break through in Aquarium products in years!!! Can't say enough about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Default Re: Pure Aquarium Balls/Cycling fishless

No. I tried Dr. Tim's one and only and the aqua balls. I'm telling you Elliots these things are amazing!!!! They do much more than cycling. Tank is crystal clear and water parameters are perfect.. As a test I put 4 ppm of ammonia in a 75 gallon tank-- I dropped 7 balls in my aqua clear 110. Within 15 minutes I had no ammonia no nitrites... There is no product out there that will compare to this period!

Quote Originally Posted by JERRYKEVIN View Post
    As a test I put 4 ppm of ammonia in a 75 gallon tank-- I dropped 7 balls in my aqua clear 110. Within 15 minutes I had no ammonia no nitrites
    So you are saying the bacteria processed 4ppm of NH3 in 15 minutes???? I don't think that is biologically possible.

sent from an undisclosed location using morse code
    --Don--

Registered Member

Thats what I'm saying. Processed to 0 NH3 and 0 Nitrites. Tested NH3 with API and seachem kits. To be clear I put the balls in the intake of the 110.. I thought the balls would stay in the intake as I have two extensions to reach bottom of tank. Intakes have the guards on the bottom of tubes. The intake sucked them up so they were completely disolved into the water..AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JERRYKEVIN; 06-14-2013 at 08:55 PM.

i should use these for QT tanks...instant cycle no need to seed it and maintain

Registered Member

David you are correct. It will not be instantly cycled but will give you perfect water parameters. It will not be cycled until your seeing Nitrates of which I had on day 5. Day 6 was completely cycled. Make sure to do water changes and you are fine my friend. Put them in your big tank when you do water changes also. And I forgot to mention that it really clears up the water. I will never be with out this product on hand!
    Last edited by JERRYKEVIN; 06-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Registered Member Inland Empire Discus's Avatar

Glad you like them Jerry. They are a very good product and your experience with them is similar to others that have tried them. Most thought say it takes 10-14 days that is great it worked so fast for you.
    Bill

Registered Member

can i throw it into a tank with new fish and just have the cycle running while the new fish are in?

Registered Member

Not clear what your asking rubin. Is the tank cycled or did you just set it up?Ideally you want your tank cycled before fish but if it's not you can add them if you put balls in. Make sure you are testing your water twice a day and you will be doing water changes every day until cycled. Don't over feed and you should be fine.

Registered Member

just set it up, tap aerated heated water with water conditioner, never had fish in the tank before, can i just dump the new fish into an all new setup and just add the balls?

Hi all. I am from South Africa and would like to get my hands on this product. Can you post a link to the manufacturer web site please?

Registered Member

Rubin you can-Again not the ideal way to do it but you can. Make sure to test water no less then 2 times a day,Do not over feed, Water changes every day. Understand you will be doing a lot more work until it's cycled-waterchanges-. If I were you I would get the balls and pure ammonia to feed the bacteria. You should be cycled within 6-15 days. Once cycled do big water change and add fish and keep an eye on your water parameters..
    Last edited by JERRYKEVIN; 06-17-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Registered Member

Thanks

Registered Member

I also bought some of these ....and yes, the water was crystal clear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast