ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: ChicagoDiscus.... more than imagined

Registered Member

Default ChicagoDiscus.... more than imagined

I made another trip down to their hatchery Saturday, kind of a last minute thing. Even got to lend a hand with the water change regime. I so enjoyed that trip, although MS was out of town. The conversation, education and amazing visuals of the fish from all stages of breeding, grow out and the illustrious display tank.

I still ended up having a few kiddies follow me home. Pardoned from death row, I think I'm happier with this group than the top shelf crew. Some of the best dogs in the world come from the pound or rescue... and beauty is in the eye of beholder. I'm thinking these could be my RSG group.
    Rascals, Scrubs and Goobers.

From the glorious colors and shapes in the hatchery, to her beautiful landscape, to my own weed patch erupting in glorious summer colors, i hamhocked a video together of my yard pics on 06/30 and some night and morning views of my meager discus domiciles.

It's all kind of like a fireworks display. Happy Summer and THANK YOU ChicagoDiscus!

edit: the mixed vid and stills were tad long and browsing my music for something to match the vid length, I found a cut from Northern Illinois University Jazz ensemble. One of my kids went there and a few years ago the ensemble was in town and gave a concert for the local HS. I bought a couple of their CD's afterwards.

Last edited by 8ftbed; 07-01-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Default Re: ChicagoDiscus.... more than imagined

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
    Babar

Registered Member

like the music. Jeff

Registered Member

Thanks Babar and Jeff. A couple of tunes I knew Josie would like, I decided the artists and release were too current and youtube might put in a half-smelly nelson. My youngest two daughters played trumpets and both got into the jazz ensembles in High School. So all the concerts and competitions I had too go to kind of grew on me. It's cool chilling out in the garage at the end of the day, watching flowers with iPod on shuffle. I can go from this NIU cut, to Books and Dunn to The Police and then Bob Marley.

I did figure out that when shooting vids, I can't be low and angled up towards the light. The community tank and Piwos were all washed out but in reality, they're vivid. As long as you learn/discover something everyday, it's a good day.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Love the music, flowers and of course the fish thank you so much for stopping by and giving me a hand MS was gone all weekend and it was nice to have the company your the best..... .......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

If that's where you live, I want to live there too ! Looks like a lot of greenery, parks, and no neighbors to be seen - paradise !
    Great video - wonderful music - beautiful discus -a really enjoyable trip - what more could anyone want !!!
    Loved it.

Registered Member

Ditto Josie!

Two of the songs I mentioned popped up in the iPod shuffle in the garage last night. Brooks and Dunn "When I'm Gone" and Willie Nelson's cover of "Hello Walls". Perfect timing for a great day.
    Last edited by 8ftbed; 07-01-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Registered Member

heh, heh... Paul, it only looks like that around my house. I've rubbed off on my buddy across the street a bit but for the most part, people just have grass and mow as little as possible. They're never outside either, unless coming or going. It works for me though. Tunes cranked up in the garage and I'm gardening, drinking or skating.
    Thanks/blaine