ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diabetes ain't NO JOKE!

Registered Member

Default Re: Diabetes ain't NO JOKE!

Skip I have taken care of thousands of dm cases make sure he controls it. Good luck and GOD bless. Jeff.

Registered Member

Skip, it has been 5 days since you started this thread. How is your brother doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliots View Post
    Skip, it has been 5 days since you started this thread. How is your brother doing now?
    hey!!

he is home.. he came back on Saturday.. still kind of weak when walking.. looks like he was just done with a cross training work out.. LOL>>

he seems alot more awake and focused then before.. its a huge transformation.. not that things are leveled out..
    i am staying on him.. to no let room get cluttered again.. he is taking meds.. and doing his own shots and keeping records.. my wife is helping him get his food prepared.. and reminds me to remind him.. about his meds.. esp at night..

but its been only 3 days.. i hope he does not back slide.. going to call the hospital to see what was results of the clinical psy. eval they did on him for mental illness..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    hey!!

he is home.. he came back on Saturday.. still kind of weak when walking.. looks like he was just done with a cross training work out.. LOL>>

he seems alot more awake and focused then before.. its a huge transformation.. not that things are leveled out..
    i am staying on him.. to no let room get cluttered again.. he is taking meds.. and doing his own shots and keeping records.. my wife is helping him get his food prepared.. and reminds me to remind him.. about his meds.. esp at night..

but its been only 3 days.. i hope he does not back slide.. going to call the hospital to see what was results of the clinical psy. eval they did on him for mental illness..
    That's great news!

Hopping his full recovery Skip
    -Ismael

Registered Member

Very good news for a change. I do not know if you want to tell your brother that Diabetes is not just sugar in your blood, it causes the entire body to go deteriorate.. It can cause blindness, loss of limbs and a slow painful death. You know your brother I do not. I do not know what he knows about Diabetes or what his physician told him. Perhaps you want to tell him to make sure he does what his phsician says?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliots View Post
    Very good news for a change. I do not know if you want to tell your brother that Diabetes is not just sugar in your blood, it causes the entire body to go deteriorate.. It can cause blindness, loss of limbs and a slow painful death. You know your brother I do not. I do not know what he knows about Diabetes or what his physician told him. Perhaps you want to tell him to make sure he does what his phsician says?
    He was told. And I keep stressing that information.. he is going for a check up and to make sure abcess is healing correctly
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Very good!!!

My brother was found dead in his apartment Friday morning. . He was late to work.. so my dad sent someone to wake him. Maybe was oversleeping.. guy went and got manager... thats when they found him. He had been sitting on edge of bed.and fell back on bed..
    they are going to do a full autopsy. .
    I think he reverted back to old habits that got him diabetes. ..

Didn't seen him since xmas...sister and i had dinner with him last Friday...he turned 40...
    Last time I spoke or saw him.

Jus wanted to update this thread
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Really sorry Skip, hugs and prayers to you and the family.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

So sorry for your loss skip
    Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Chris

I am so sorry for your loss Skip. My heart goes out to you. I unexpectedly lost my brother last year. It is a shock.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Matt

Sorry to hear that news Skip. Glad you had the chance to see him recently before this.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Christopher G

So very sorry for your loss Skip. My prayers going out to you and your family. Happy your last visit with your brother was a pleasent one.

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Real sorry for the lost of your brother. I'm diabetic also, 65 yrs old and watch everyday, cause it can kill us. Sincere condolences to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I am very sorry to hear the news Skip, glad you got to see him recently though. Hug,
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast