ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: then and now heckles

Default Re: then and now heckles

Jim Looking great!!! Keep up the good work! Get some babies brewing !lol!
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Registered Member

I agree...VERY, very nice. Heckles juvies were the ONE type of Discus I could not get up to size. Very frustrating/challenging. Great job...Bill

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate them very much.

Some of you are going to think I'm crazy but post number 4 picture number 3 is most likely a female. I'm saying this because it has less blue and more red than some of the others. Also watch the altums with the heckels because they still have a lot of growing left in them and in time they will start to become aggressive towards the heckels./QUOTE]

Thanks, The altums were about nickel size and the heckles 2+" when I put them together. so far the heckles are the kings of the tank, the altums wait their turn. they are about 2 yrs old so I hope they "maintain peace". I see what you mean by the red, that would be nice, i'll watch her.

[QUOTEJim can correct but believe these are the Ninini heckels sold last year by John (snookn21) at the 2+ inch size.
    yes, the larger are the rio negro the smaller are the ninins.

[QUOTE]What was your wc regime?/QUOTE]
    25% every other day. first year they got 50% at least a day

[QUOTE]Now if you can determine who's a male maybe we can get a project going/QUOTE]
    Ha! you'll definitely be the second person to know! i have been trying cooler wc's buit they just stay side by side, no-one wants to make the first move!
    Last edited by jimg; 07-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Jim

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate them very much.

[QUOTE] Some of you are going to think I'm crazy but post number 4 picture number 3 is most likely a female. I'm saying this because it has less blue and more red than some of the others. Also watch the altums with the heckels because they still have a lot of growing left in them and in time they will start to become aggressive towards the heckels./QUOTE] Thanks The altums were about nickel size and the heckles 2+" when I put them together. so far the heckles are the kings of the tank, the altums wait their turn. they are about 1.5 yrs old so I hope they "maintain peace". I see what you mean by the red, that would be nice, i'll watch her.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Jim can correct but believe these are the Ninini heckels sold last year by John (snookn21) at the 2+ inch size.
    /QUOTE]
    yes, the larger are the rio negro the smaller are the ninins.

[QUOTE]What was your wc regime?/QUOTE]
    25% every other day. first year they got 50% at least a day

[QUOTE]Now if you can determine who's a male maybe we can get a project going/QUOTE]
    Ha! you'll definitely be the second person to know! i have been trying cooler wc's buit they just stay side by side, no-one wants to make the first move!
    Last edited by jimg; 07-10-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Jim

Jim they look great. Really nice job on those.

Mishka

Great job !! Love em' !! I had 11 from Hans and hope to get more soon. Blue face are to die for :0) I thought I had the perfect formula of dried foods and FDBW from Brewmaster but wonder if the seafood mix had a lotr to do with it.. What size tank, how many fish and did you have to worm or treat them at all ?? Thanks, David

Great job Jim, they look very nice.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12