ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Can someone please ID these wilds?

Default Can someone please ID these wilds?

At my LFS I'm thinking of buying them all.

Thanks

Jon

Real Name
    Zach

Look small but possibly greens or browns. The look horrible, I wouldn't buy them. Snookn21 has wilds left and I think discus origins dose as well but the prices will be quite different between the two. Species as well.

I work at an lfs as well and we had blues and greens available to us as well do I'm assuming those are the same, if you decide at least don't pay more than $60 each... If you do your getting ripped off and can purchase the same from snookn21 at a better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    -Zach

Default Re: Can someone please ID these wilds?

Thanks Z they are $50 each 3 for $135 and there are 7 of them. 4 have a pretty decent shape. I'm just throwing the idea around since I've never kept wilds before. Thought it would be a nice grow out project. Yes they are small about 3".

Jon
    Last edited by ROOK45; 07-25-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Real Name
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by ROOK45 View Post
    Thanks Z they are $50 each 3 for $135 and there are 7 of them. 4 have a pretty decent shape. I'm just throwing the idea around since I've never kept wilds before. Thought it would be a nice grow out project. Yes the are small about 3".

Jon
    Buy them then, if its your first time it's a good learning point. Get the four with best shape and one that's ehhh. At three inches they are still very young. Just be absolutely sure you quarantine for minimum a month and treat for worms, parasites, the works as they came from a supplier and then dumped into a lfs and I can 99% guarantee that even if lfs says they did, a proper quarantine was not done. Make absolute sure that they show no signs of bad health, as in soon to be dead lol. Obviously don't buy one laying on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by zchauvin; 07-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    -Zach

Real Name
    Mauro

I would not get them for free. Buy from one of the sponsors here and avoid problems. Snookn21 and Discus Origins sell high quality wilds.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Jon, I can not really tell from the pictures. If you can get better pictures of the lower finnage I may be able to determine it they are wild greens. If you are tempted to get them definitely QT them as Zach suggests. I would suggest getting six minimum as like domestics they do best in groups of six or more.

If you decide to get them be patience as they might mature slowly then domestics and you will not know their true potential for a year or more.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I call them Greens. I agree that they are horrible Discus.
    Mama Bear

They look like greens to me and for being at a pet shop they look ok. The fish look a little thin, but that is normal for all they have been through before the pet shop got them. The shapes are fine for wild greens and the stress bars all look very vertical. If you do buy them you do need to clean them up like Zach suggested. Ask the pet shop to feed them to make sure they are eating. Since you said you might be interested in all 7 of them ask the pet shop owner if he would take $225. cash for all of them.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain