ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My wild Guariba red discus with fry

Registered Member

Default Re: My wild Guariba red discus with fries

Nice job,looks great good luck with your little ones.

Registered Member

My favourite piece F1( the centre piece)

Real Name
    cesar

Default Re: My wild Guariba red discus with fry

Wow, sorry if I missed but what do you feed them? Your altums look stunning as well!

Absolutely lovely, very droolworthy
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Real Name
    Rossouw

Very well done. The babies is really good quality. Question for the Newby. During the eggs/larvae stage. Did u do any water changes?

Job well done, understand the typical journey until this point..

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
    My favourite piece F1( the centre piece)

These have turned out very nice. Great job growing them out.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Nice job!!! Some time ago you added this one to the adult group and shapewise I was wondering how this fish would grow out. To me it looked rather high body compared to the parents/wilds. Over time this one seems to round out more and got a really nice body shape. As you might have noticed I'm also in the process of growing out F1 but I had quite a struggle to get on top of gill flukes so this gave my fish a small set back. I can't recall you suffered issues like that so your fish should be on track if it comes to development and size. A nice way to compare if my fish caught up or not. So I wonder about the size and age of your F1. You also introduce the F1 at a younger age to the group of adults. Have you come across issues during that period? Did the adults accepted the half grown youngster or was this a struggle?

It is very obvious the F1 feels happy. It's colours are really nice although I expect the red coloration becomes even stronger over time. I particularly like it's orange base color. You have done an amazing job! Really nice fish and it also make me curious about the other F1 fry.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by c_sir View Post
    Wow, sorry if I missed but what do you feed them? Your altums look stunning as well!
    Feed on beefheart, tetrabits, fdbw, and brine shrimp. Altum sold already as feel my tank do not have enough height for them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmarn1 View Post
    Absolutely lovely, very droolworthy
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by roekste View Post
    Very well done. The babies is really good quality. Question for the Newby. During the eggs/larvae stage. Did u do any water changes?
    Wat I did was prepare a hose with a eheim 'U' pipe connect with a fine mesh and siphon water in and out of the tank. The other end with a valve to shut off. This pipe is kept in the tank throughout the process and while draining and toping up water will not disturb the parents. Hope you understand what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    Job well done, understand the typical journey until this point..
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    These have turned out very nice. Great job growing them out.
    Pat
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch dude View Post
    Nice job!!! Some time ago you added this one to the adult group and shapewise I was wondering how this fish would grow out. To me it looked rather high body compared to the parents/wilds. Over time this one seems to round out more and got a really nice body shape. As you might have noticed I'm also in the process of growing out F1 but I had quite a struggle to get on top of gill flukes so this gave my fish a small set back. I can't recall you suffered issues like that so your fish should be on track if it comes to development and size. A nice way to compare if my fish caught up or not. So I wonder about the size and age of your F1. You also introduce the F1 at a younger age to the group of adults. Have you come across issues during that period? Did the adults accepted the half grown youngster or was this a struggle?

It is very obvious the F1 feels happy. It's colours are really nice although I expect the red coloration becomes even stronger over time. I particularly like it's orange base color. You have done an amazing job! Really nice fish and it also make me curious about the other F1 fry.
    Hi. I do not have problem with my first 3 batch last year. This year I try breeding them again and face the same problem as your. 1 batch all gone and now I still fighting with my current batch. Not too sure what is the cause fries darken and body very skinny. Hope to know the reason and ways to treat them. Thanks

Registered Member

Photos again to compare. Bare tank with 4 side white oyama and my main tank with black oyama and white fine sand base. Both are from the same batch F1. Thanks for viewing.

Beautiful!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Allwin

Registered Member

Wow they really look great with the white background and it makes their colors pop out even more! Realy Nice!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but does the F1 have black eyes?

I'm so sorry you face problems with your latest batches of F1. What are the symptoms and how did it start?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch dude View Post
    Wow they really look great with the white background and it makes their colors pop out even more! Realy Nice!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but does the F1 have black eyes?

I'm so sorry you face problems with your latest batches of F1. What are the symptoms and how did it start?
    All are red eyes. It just happened around 1 month old

Are you still breeding the orignial pair? Because I would be very interested in purchasing f1 juveniles from you

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christian74 View Post
    Are you still breeding the orignial pair? Because I would be very interested in purchasing f1 juveniles from you
    Hi thanks for the interest. My location is Singapore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast