ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Im new to discus and loving them

Default Re: Im new to discus and loving them

Im posting an update of my discus.This thread started out as an introduction and is now more of a timeline thread of my journy with discus.i do still have some stunted discus some of my neglect and some from a bad buy.I still have my first discus ever,and most of my fish have been bought at sizes 3-5cm.and are now getting to 12 -15cm.most of my first discus were lost except one due to my own wrong doing in the beggining.please feel free to comment good and bad during the next few posts.im probably gonna get a thrashing from mr john nicolson (wink wink).please enjoy and give feedback.its been a very rewarding journey thus far and am still loving it all the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes you see corectly there are 2 angles in there they have been there for a couple of months without any issues but i am moving them to a breeding tank as they laying eggs on the sponge filter and they wont return to the discus tank.i like the discus only look

Just a few more

last for now

Real Name
    Ricardo

I think you have followed the natural progression of discus keeping. You started as a beginner and adjusted your husbandry skills according to the advice given. Now, in retrospect you realized why the advice was given, and finally, your discus are starting to look so much better than your previously raised ones. Does that sound about right?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Adolfo

Where did you get that royal? Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I think you have followed the natural progression of discus keeping. You started as a beginner and adjusted your husbandry skills according to the advice given. Now, in retrospect you realized why the advice was given, and finally, your discus are starting to look so much better than your previously raised ones. Does that sound about right?
    Quite correct rick.i did not have a clue when I started.came to simply ignored advice and tried it my way lost almost the whole tank then started listening and asking more questions things have been much easier from then on.and I want to thank everybody who has helped me and given harsh words sum times.its all been worth it.and I've made quite a few friends here along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Where did you get that royal? Looks great
    He is nice funny enough gt him imported with 5 other babies they all died only he made it he's never been ill though

Hope I dnt gt flack for this.bump bump

Real Name
    Jason

Just finished reading your thread. I'm new to discus and so far I've found that one of the best ways to learn is to read threads like this from others who have began the same journey. It's great to have resources for specific questions, and I've been given more than my fair share of advise and instruction from the great people in this community. But I greatly value threads like this where I can gain a wider knowledge from questions and occurrences I have yet to experience (but no doubt will, eventually)

This is a great community and I hope to be in a similar place as you when I'm 2 years in. These fish are addicting! I don't think I'll ever not have discus.

Do you plan on keeping your large tank BB, or since you've got mature fish are you going to add substrate (not the clown puke, though, haha!) and decor to give it a natural look? Seems like at the beginning you were into having decorations. I think these guys would look great with some sand, bogwood and plants... but that's just me

Thanks for the great read!

Thanx.Im waiting to move from my teprory flat to farm again and am then planing to build a 2meter x 60cm x60cm tank and stand for adults and get more discus of course.wanna put very thin layer of sand with a mean piece of spider wood.and wanna hang spot type lights so there will be shady parts in the tank.Cant wait to find a place and move

I'm sad and down.my life got very hectic very quick.have not been able to move yet neglected my fish and have lost 4 discus from hex and gill flukes.trying to gather myself get things under control and basically start again.on the up side I have some discus laying eggs but no wriglers yet.sadest part is I've lost some of my best discus.will update as I recuperate

So ive moved from a flat into house and built a 1.6m tank.my discus and angels are together now and have been doing well for 5 months.my tony tan discus inhabit their 4ft now.please enjoy following photo bomb.lol

some more

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910